Is Lynyrd Skynyrd considered Classic Rock?

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
Hi BLACK ROCKET, welcome to Shaggy's board!
You know, I watched the Allman Brothers on PBS Soundstage (or something) and I nearly woke up the neighborhood. I forgot how good that Southern-Fried Rock can sound.

I hear Skynrd more on the radio now than I have in quite a while.
Not just the same 2 songs either.

L

Liberal Avenger

Is Skynard classic rock? Holy Hawkeye! Haven't you ever heard freebird. :D

kvcoty

Reaction score
Re: I've always wondered this..

I've noticed in my kids they actually like "our" music as they get older, because good taste comes with age. I remember my stepfather trying to ban disco from the HiFi when I was 12 and had what he would term "questionable taste". But his taste in music shaped my taste in music and eventually his grandchildrens taste in music.

Plus classic rock stands the ***** of time because it is artistically good. Period.

Here's to this generation's good taste. Cheers!!

L

lastofthesummerwine

Re: I've always wondered this..

Shaggy said:
but is Lynard Skynard considered classic rock?
I certainly think so. Original guitarist, Ed King, was with Strawberry Alarm Clock and he brought in just a smidgen of '60s Mt. Olympus era rock.

The blues, gospel and rockabilly roots that were such factors in the rock equation are more prominently featured in the "Southern Boogie" strain than in any other. Most of those boys and girls were raised on the Gospel According To Elvis, but later converted to Beatlemania because it allowed them to form bands with their friends.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peeterparker