Votes: 20 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Nope. Anyone who helped come up with those first few Kiss albums couldn't be a complete dick. That said, he rates very high on the cringe worthy scale mainly for his 'everyone is a whore' attitude.

No Gene, not everyone.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Absolutely he is. A total ***** but that said I think the likes of Ted Nugent are worse.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I voted yes but the thread needs a middle ground to be realistic. If you broke down what he's a dick for then I'm sure there are things I would disagree with. Still I think the fact that celebrities are eccentric and essential attention whores by nature you are going to hear their beliefs and ideologies front and center. You get more of a chance to think they are a dick and whether or not we think so matches whether there ideologies are the same as others. It's not always the case but often times when we really become a fan of an artist it's because they already match our ideologies whether evidenced in their songwriting or what they say through their public persona. I don't take stock in what my music artists say personally and I even think my favorites can be dicks but I accept that when the veil is lifted and any human from Justin Bieber to Gene Simmons to Billy Corgan to Kanye West to *name eccentric larger than life personality here/aka rock, pop, music star* opens there mouth I'm going to possibly groan at it and just think "Shut the **** up and play for me monkey!" :heheh: Anyway, who cares about roasting any one artist. You've already hooked into their need for attention by getting hot and bothered by it. Just play the tunes as that's what their role in life rreally is! :D

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
I voted yes but the thread needs a middle ground to be realistic. If you broke down what he's a dick for then I'm sure there are things I would disagree with. Still I think the fact that celebrities are eccentric and essential attention whores by nature you are going to hear their beliefs and ideologies front and center. You get more of a chance to think they are a dick and whether or not we think so matches whether there ideologies are the same as others. It's not always the case but often times when we really become a fan of an artist it's because they already match our ideologies whether evidenced in their songwriting or what they say through their public persona. I don't take stock in what my music artists say personally and I even think my favorites can be dicks but I accept that when the veil is lifted and any human from Justin Bieber to Gene Simmons to Billy Corgan to Kanye West to *name eccentric larger than life personality here/aka rock, pop, music star* opens there mouth I'm going to possibly groan at it and just think "Shut the **** up and play for me monkey!" :heheh: Anyway, who cares about roasting any one artist. You've already hooked into their need for attention by getting hot and bothered by it. Just play the tunes as that's what their role in life rreally is! :D

Very well said and true. I love Paul (have you noticed) but I don't agree with all he says and does. Sometimes he outright annoys me. I don't want to know about every move he makes. :tongue:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Very well said and true. I love Paul (have you noticed) but I don't agree with all he says and does. Sometimes he outright annoys me. I don't want to know about every move he makes. :tongue:

Right! I won't even stop listening to an artist if I like the music even if they do the most despicable things ever! I separate the art from the person myself! Their is perhaps one exception where that doesn't apply but for the most part that holds true for me! :)

bbif

Reaction score
Right! I won't even stop listening to an artist if I like the music even if they do the most despicable things ever! I separate the art from the person myself!

This for me too.

Also, since the amount of people who suck expands exponentially with your age, you really have to separate the musician from the music, or you'd end up listening to nothing!

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
Right! I won't even stop listening to an artist if I like the music even if they do the most despicable things ever! I separate the art from the person myself! Their is perhaps one exception where that doesn't apply but for the most part that holds true for me! :)

Well, if Paul murders someone it might effect me. :gig I just don't want to know all the little things about the people I listen to, e.g., politics, marriages, how many cars and houses they have, and on and on. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Staff online

Members online