Iron Maiden (Official Thread)

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
I never got around to getting all of them. I have Tattooed Millionaire, Balls To Picasso, Accident Of Birth & Chemical Wedding.

AOB & CW are my favorites. Roy Z is a great producer & having Adrian Smith on them only improved a good product even more.

Overall, it's always great to hear Bruce. He never disappoints.

I also have the first 3 Samson albums with Bruce Bruce. Good stuff there too.

wow dude that great as you`ve said he never disappoints and AS there to. I don't have the three Samson albums what are they like.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
The Samson albums are different from later Maiden, Paul Samson was more of a guitar virtuoso, but there are some similarities to Di'Anno era Maiden.

Actually Bruce didn't do vocals on the first album, outside of reissue bonus tracks, which were redos of 7/8 of the original tracks. I think I have the original album (need to get the reissue tracks).

I recommend the albums, especially if you like Iron Maiden and Killers.

Samson's later work varied somewhat. The only other album I have is Refugee from 1990. Still fairly good metal, but nothing that stands out.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Reaction score
LG said:
An iconic band, just say the name "Maiden" and almost everyone in the world knows who you are talking about.
I think they peaked in 1984 and then slowly went downhill,I dunno.....

I have a VHS tape with 4 songs from thier 1984 tour and they are superb!!

1) Run to the hills
2) Aces High
3) Halloweed be thy name
4) 2 Minutes to Midnight

Couldnt have picked 4 better songs
icon7.gif

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Maiden shares a video of the building of the stage for the current tour......took a small army to build it!

E-Z

Reaction score
I liked Iron Maiden back in the early days circa 1979-81 when they along with Samson, Angel Witch, Saxon & Praying Mantas were part of the NWOBHM movement here in the UK with Paul Di'Anno as there front man vocalist when they use to play the Ruskin Arms in East Ham, the Bridgehouse in Canning Town and another pub in Stratford all three venues being in East London. I had the first 2 vinyl albums Iron Maiden & Killers plus the vinyl single Sanctuary which I liked but I rarely listening to them anymore these days although I did listen to there Brave New World album back in the early 2000s and thought it was ok.

I have a number of Paul Di'Anno cds a couple of which are of Paul re-recording songs off the first two Iron Maiden albums which sound very good.

E-Z

Last edited:

Starchild

Little Dreamer
Reaction score
I took Bruce Dickinson for granted for so long. I never really appreciated him until they replaced him with that awful Blaze. What a disaster!!

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
I liked Iron Maiden back in the early days circa 1979-81 when they along with Samson, Angel Witch, Saxon & Praying Mantas were part of the NWOBHM movement here in the UK with Paul Di'Anno as there front man vocalist when they use to play the Ruskin Arms in East Ham, the Bridgehouse in Canning Town and another pub in Stratford all three venues being in East London. I had the first 2 vinyl albums Iron Maiden & Killers plus the vinyl single Sanctuary which I liked but I rarely listening to them anymore these days although I did listen to there Brave New World album back in the early 2000s and thought it was ok.
I have a number of Paul Di'Anno cds a couple of which are of Paul re-recording songs off the first two Iron Maiden albums which sound very good.

E-Z

I took Bruce Dickinson for granted for so long. I never really appreciated him until they replaced him with that awful Blaze. What a disaster!!

Hmmm firstly the three vocalist where the reasons Maiden is awesome metal band...the first two Maiden albums are truly admired by millions what the hell can I say about Bruce Dickinson which hasn't already been said as for the awful two albums with Blaze imho you cannot blame Blaze himself the two albums don't have the same amazing song has on the other two vocalists

E-Z

Reaction score
I just recently listened again to the second 'Maiden' album KILLERS from 1981 and I must admit lately I am really starting to enjoy the album from start to finish (I originally bought it on vinyl back in 1981) anyway I have always liked the tracks WRATHCHILD, MURDERS IN THE RUE MORGUE & KILLERS all from the second album but in more recent times that I have been listening to the album again on cd I am really liking it all the way though that's every track from start to finish. I always thought the first album IRON MAIDEN had the better songs on it between the two Paul Di'Anno albums but the second album is a good album in it's own right with a good set of songs and stands up well with the first album I reckon.

E-Z (A Paul Di'Anno fan).

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
I felt like X and Virtual XI had the worst writing of all the IM albums, and Steve does most of the writing.

Blaze's vocals were OK. He's no Bruce Bruce, but who the hell is?

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online