Iron Maiden (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Virtual XI suffered because the song writing was garbage. Vocalist I agree wasn't the reason.

Metal Health

Reaction score
I'm glad you've changed your stance!

As for Maiden being Satanists, that was an old rumour which started when they released “The Number of the Beast” but is really just bollocks. I think this quote from Steven Harris says it all “"It was mad. They completely got the wrong end of the stick. They obviously hadn't read the lyrics. They just wanted to believe all that rubbish about us being Satanists.". According to Steve, “The Number of the Beast" was inspired by a nightmare he had after watching Damien: Omen II and also influenced by Robert Burns' “Tam o' Shanter”. Last but not least, the band’s drummer, Nicko McBrain, is a born against Christian.

Since you like the new album, I really think you should check out some of the old material. I refuse to believe that you won’t find something you like. At fist, you might want to avoid “Iron Maiden”, “Killers”, “The X Factor” and “Virtual XI “ as those features other singers, which might put you off.

Thanks for the help! I'm listening to The Trooper right now and LOVING it. I don't know which album that's off of but it's pretty dang good.

Last edited:

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Both are great, but unless one of those two got you into Maiden, I'd tell any new fan to leave them for later!

@Ar-Pharazon: You are right about X & XI, but they aren't bad albums. Particularly "The X-Factor" is enjoyable imo. They just arent up there with the material with Bruce, but I certainly do not blame Blaze, whose solo work is also decent.

ooh yes I`m with you on this one....:bow::grinthumb

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Both are great, but unless one of those two got you into Maiden, I'd tell any new fan to leave them for later!

Powerslave is what got me into the band, but I'm not sure I could do without those first two.

I'm one of those people, once I get into a band, if it's later on, I always go back and get earlier material. I've rarely been disappointed.

The first couple UFO albums and Scorpions Lonesome Crow were quite a bit different than the sound I had fallen for, and so were somewhat un-listenable for me.

Jon

Reaction score
I'd suggest NotB, Piece of Mind or Powerslave, and Seventh Son.
They were the albums that really did it for me in a big way, when I was a teen.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Latest Classic Rock magazine features different Maiden covers,every Maiden album...pretty damn cool!

11222231_10153581743190883_7756311840785204906_n.jpg

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Latest Classic Rock magazine features different Maiden covers,every Maiden album...pretty damn cool!

11222231_10153581743190883_7756311840785204906_n.jpg

They look great! If you stand them up next to each other, you can see the new album cover (see below).

However, I'm not a big fan of magazines coming out with multiple/collectors covers. Someone will want all the covers and it's not going to be cheap. I buy the magazine every month and will get my issue as usual, but just one. I'll go for the "Powerslave" cover, if they get that one at my local magazine store.

A couple of years back, Metal Hammer UK included a poster of each artwork in their mag. That was cool!

Oh yeah, I read somewhere that this was the first time Iron Maiden was on the cover of Classic Rock, Metal Hammer and Kerrang at the same time!

Attachments

• Maiden.jpg
    Maiden.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 12

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray