Iron Maiden (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't play any 'Maiden' these days (unless it's either the two Paul Di Anno albums) but I personally thought Seventh Son was one of their better albums with Bruce.
One of those albums where even if you're not big on the Bruce era that there is still something to respect about this particular album. Deserves more respect than Number of the Beast which I kinda feel is overrated compared to the Di Anno albums.

Reactions: E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
One of those albums where even if you're not big on the Bruce era that there is still something to respect about this particular album. Deserves more respect than Number of the Beast which I kinda feel is overrated compared to the Di Anno albums.
With regards to the Number Of The Beast album I have thought similar to you Riff that it is overrated possibly but EVERYONE seems to rate it highly so it makes me think that I don't get it(?) although it does contain some good songs. I have the dvd of The Making Of The Number Of The Beast and it's a ok watch especially the band interviews including the Martin Birch interviews who was 'at the board' during the recording of the album. On reflection listening to Steve Harris they had no choice but to drop Di Anno he was 'out of control' and bring in Bruce otherwise the band wouldn't have made it to the top.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
With regards to the Number Of The Beast album I have thought similar to you Riff that it is overrated possibly but EVERYONE seems to rate it highly so it makes me think that I don't get it(?) although it does contain some good songs. I have the dvd of The Making Of The Number Of The Beast and it's a ok watch especially the band interviews including the Martin Birch interviews who was 'at the board' during the recording of the album. On reflection listening to Steve Harris they had no choice but to drop Di Anno he was 'out of control' and bring in Bruce otherwise the band wouldn't have made it to the top.
It does have some good songs but I also feel some are just overplayed as well.

StreamingTodd4545

Reaction score
This is basically the only metal band from the 80's that I still listen to. Now that I am much older, I realize that a lot of those 80's bands were really not all that talented. I've seen Maiden in concert 5 times, and the Somewhere In Time tour (1987) was absolutely epic. Powerslave tour was no slouch either, they blew Twisted Sister right off the stage (opening act). First time I ever saw Maiden was opening for the Scorps, and trust me, they held their own.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I just got notified my cd will arrive September 8th or 9th.

This cut is ok. Yanick Gers' solos have never really made much of an impression.

He just kinda noodles around and throws in a couple little lightning fast things that don't really
mash with the rest of the song.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online