Iron Maiden (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

The Kevin Owens Show
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't play any 'Maiden' these days (unless it's either the two Paul Di Anno albums) but I personally thought Seventh Son was one of their better albums with Bruce.
One of those albums where even if you're not big on the Bruce era that there is still something to respect about this particular album. Deserves more respect than Number of the Beast which I kinda feel is overrated compared to the Di Anno albums.

Reactions: E-Z

E-Z

RAINBOW (1981-1984) the Joe Lynn Turner era
Reaction score
One of those albums where even if you're not big on the Bruce era that there is still something to respect about this particular album. Deserves more respect than Number of the Beast which I kinda feel is overrated compared to the Di Anno albums.
With regards to the Number Of The Beast album I have thought similar to you Riff that it is overrated possibly but EVERYONE seems to rate it highly so it makes me think that I don't get it(?) although it does contain some good songs. I have the dvd of The Making Of The Number Of The Beast and it's a ok watch especially the band interviews including the Martin Birch interviews who was 'at the board' during the recording of the album. On reflection listening to Steve Harris they had no choice but to drop Di Anno he was 'out of control' and bring in Bruce otherwise the band wouldn't have made it to the top.

Riff Raff

The Kevin Owens Show
Staff member
Reaction score
With regards to the Number Of The Beast album I have thought similar to you Riff that it is overrated possibly but EVERYONE seems to rate it highly so it makes me think that I don't get it(?) although it does contain some good songs. I have the dvd of The Making Of The Number Of The Beast and it's a ok watch especially the band interviews including the Martin Birch interviews who was 'at the board' during the recording of the album. On reflection listening to Steve Harris they had no choice but to drop Di Anno he was 'out of control' and bring in Bruce otherwise the band wouldn't have made it to the top.
It does have some good songs but I also feel some are just overplayed as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mmmm

Staff online

Members online