Iron Maiden (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Iron Maiden

I look at Maiden differently than you my friend, I simply cannot picture anyone but Bruce as the frontman, it doesn't feel like real Iron Maiden without him. Have they released mediocre albums with him in the band...no denying it. Have the very best albums in Maiden's discography been recorded with Bruce in the band, again beyond dispute.

I'll put it this way, there is nothing Blaze did either in his own band or as a guest in Maiden that can touch the early and greatest era of the band when they were at their creative peak, and that is my measuring stick.

I also own every official album they have released, both studio and live editions, so I am a huge fan.:hb:

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score

Can we get some love for Dennis Stratton going?:heheh:
dennisstra01.jpg

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I look at Maiden differently than you my friend, I simply cannot picture anyone but Bruce as the frontman, it doesn't feel like real Iron Maiden without him. Have they released mediocre albums with him in the band...no denying it. Have the very best albums in Maiden's discography been recorded with Bruce in the band, again beyond dispute.

I'll put it this way, there is nothing Blaze did either in his own band or as a guest in Maiden that can touch the early and greatest era of the band when they were at their creative peak, and that is my measuring stick.

I also own every official album they have released, both studio and live editions, so I am a huge fan.:hb:

I dont expect anyone to look at a band the way I do :tongue:
I need to still get their live albums.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

I'm the same way that has been said above. Though, I do like the fact that vocalists have stepped up, Iron Maiden is truly Iron Maiden with Dickinson. I started really listening to them when A Matter of Life and Death was released, so I can come off as a little biased.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I dont like to compare eras either because of course Dickinsons eras were better but I do like what Di'anno and Bayley came up with :)
Thats me though.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

I dont like to compare eras either because of course Dickinsons eras were better but I do like what Di'anno and Bayley came up with :)
Thats me though.

I'll give their older stuff a listen. I've heard a few songs but wasn't totally into figuring out which vocalist was which. But that was years back. I'll give the albums another listen.

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score

The first two albums were masterpieces, it has to be said. Can't honestly say I'm much of a Dickinson fan, which is strange, since I adore Ian Gillan.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

It's not really about comparison, it's about the synergy that happened when Bruce joined Maiden...lightning struck and as a result Iron Maiden became one of the most popular bands in the world, almost single handed along with Judas Priest kept metal alive during the dark days of the 90's, until the cycle came full circle again.

Riff you are right nobody looks at a band/album exactly the same as anyone else, but by the same token almost every Maiden fan will list about 6 of their records as the very best they ever did, and those are all from the early years.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I often use the term best as in the best album or song to my own ears.
My favourite albums under Dickinson are Seventh Son and Powerslave.
Loads vote Number of the Beast but that isnt the best album Ive heard.
Thats as I said down to my preference.

Harkat

Reaction score

Seeing these guys tomorrow night!
So excited!!!!! :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member