Iron Butterfly (Official Thread)

kellyjdrummer

Reaction score

1960s-Iron-Butterfly-poster-2.jpg

Who can forget the infamous never ending drum solo to In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida?? Iron Butterfly were one of the heaviest psychedelic bands of the 60's for sure.

Their debut album In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida is one of the best albums of the 60's and IMO was not where their music started and ended. The band had many fine songs beyond this.

Iron+Butterfly.jpg

Doug Ingle, the vocalist and keyboardist of the band has stated that In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida was a llurred version of In The Garden Of Eden! The band went through numerous line up changes.

Let's post some of our favorite songs,albums,clips and share with us (our more experienced members) if you had the chance to ever see them live in concert....!!!

78dc7175.jpg

2614c0a398a0fc4c856ff110.L.jpg

iron-butterfly-11.jpg

Have you ever noticed that "Termination" is misspelled on the song list on the back of the album? All of the original releases had this error.

kellyjdrummer

Reaction score
Re: Iron Butterfly

Erik Brann, IB's guitar player was only the tender age of 17 on their debut record...and a very advanced musician for that time and his age.

514_IRONBUT2.JPG

Erik Brann didn't play on the debut. He first appeared on In A Gadda Da Vida.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Erik Brann didn't play on the debut. He first appeared on In A Gadda Da Vida.

Yeah well Heavy and Vida both came out in 68...so I tripped up.

Thanks for pointing it out as it was Danny Weis who was also in Rhinoceros.

I stand corrected. :grinthumb

Lord Dweedle

Reaction score
I so want more of their music, i only own the single song inna gadda da vida (sorry if misspelt), i want their whole album of it, hard to find in NZ though, may buy it from an mp3 site

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
I so want more of their music, i only own the single song inna gadda da vida (sorry if misspelt), i want their whole album of it, hard to find in NZ though, may buy it from an mp3 site

"In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" or their first album ''Heavy'...

either or....both....:)

:cheers2

kellyjdrummer

Reaction score

1960s-Iron-Butterfly-poster-2.jpg

Iron Butterfly

Heavy (1968)
In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (1968)
Soundtrack to The Savage 7 (1968)
Ball (1969)
Live (1970)
Metamorphosis (1970)
Evolution: The Best of Iron Butterfly
Star Collection
Scorching Beauty (1975)
Sun and Steel (1976)
Rare Flight (1988)
Light & Heavy: The Best of Iron Butterfly (1993)
In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida Deluxe Edition (1995)
Fillmore East 1968 (2011)

Who can forget the infamous never ending drum solo to In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida?? Iron Butterfly were one of the heaviest psychedelic bands of the 60's for sure.

Their debut album In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida is one of the best albums of the 60's and IMO was not where their music started and ended. The band had many fine songs beyond this.

Iron+Butterfly.jpg

Doug Ingle, the vocalist and keyboardist of the band has stated that In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida was a llurred version of In The Garden Of Eden! The band went through numerous line up changes.

Let's post some of our favorite songs,albums,clips and share with us (our more experienced members) if you had the chance to ever see them live in concert....!!!

78dc7175.jpg

2614c0a398a0fc4c856ff110.L.jpg

Actually, the drum solo didn't run much longer than three minutes, although it seemed much longer.

kellyjdrummer

Reaction score

thepiratebay.se and install uTorrent to decrypt it. If not, let me know, I'll mail a copy.

kellyjdrummer

Reaction score

Yeah well Heavy and Vida both came out in 68...so I tripped up.

Thanks for pointing it out as it was Danny Weis who was also in Rhinoceros.

I stand corrected. :grinthumb

Eric didn't appear again till "Scorching Beauty." Now he is gone. RIP.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online