Ball (1969)
Live (1970)
Metamorphosis (1970)
Evolution: The Best of Iron Butterfly
Star Collection
Scorching Beauty (1975)
Sun and Steel (1976)
Rare Flight (1988)
Light & Heavy: The Best of Iron Butterfly (1993)
In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida Deluxe Edition (1995)
Fillmore East 1968 (2011)

Who can forget the infamous never ending drum solo to In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida?? Iron Butterfly were one of the heaviest psychedelic bands of the 60's for sure.

Their debut album In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida is one of the best albums of the 60's and IMO was not where their music started and ended. The band had many fine songs beyond this.

Iron+Butterfly.jpg

Doug Ingle, the vocalist and keyboardist of the band has stated that In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida was a llurred version of In The Garden Of Eden! The band went through numerous line up changes.

Let's post some of our favorite songs,albums,clips and share with us (our more experienced members) if you had the chance to ever see them live in concert....!!!

78dc7175.jpg

2614c0a398a0fc4c856ff110.L.jpg

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Iron Butterfly

Erik Brann, IB's guitar player was only the tender age of 17 on their debut record...and a very advanced musician for that time and his age.

514_IRONBUT2.JPG

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Most anything you want is a pretty good track! So now I know two Iron Butterfly songs! :grinthumb

I love the group for this alone as it made one of the greatest Simpson moments ever! :lmao: "Wait a minute! This sounds like Rock and/or Roll!":lmao:

Simpsons In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

:lmao: :oyea:

You beat me to posting that!!! One of the FUNNIEST Simpson's moments EVER!! For sure! :cheers2

Bryter Later

Reaction score

....Wow !, They must be one of very few bands to have been on The Simpsons,and had one of their songs played in The Silence of the Lambs.......Talk about extremes Clariesssssssssssss :heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I've got two or three of their CD's, my brother had "In A Gadda Da Vida" but I never played it very much when I was a kid.

I have to agree with MP, they did much more than just their most famous song, worth digging into this band if you want some classic 60's rock.

joe

Reaction score

"Soul Experience" from Ball is one of my fav. tracks and the epic Butterfly Bleu" from Metamorphis. I was dissappointed with Scorching Beauty and Sun and Steel when they reformed in the mid 70's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Iron Butterfly! Great group, one of the more famous psychedelic groups to hail from the 60's.

Doug Ingle was a fantastic organ player and he wrote some wicked tunes! His dad was a church organist, so he learned his way around the organ at a very early age. Ingle's compositions are very complex, a very underrated composer, IMHO>

^excellent song, and way before it's time, IMO

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

It's a shame that a lot of people heard and love ''In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida'', but never bothered to check out other music by Iron Butterfly. I know I did, and discovered a great band.

The first two albums are my favorites, ''Heavy'' (1968) and ''In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida'' (1968)

Ball (1969) was a good album too...

By the time 1970 rolled around, a few members left, and a few members joined, changing the sound of the band. They added two new guitarists Larry Reinhardt and Mike Pinera.

Larry Reinhardt would later go on to form ''Captain Beyond'' with Iron Butterfly bassist Lee Dorman, ex-original Deep Purple vocalist Rod Evans and Johnny Winters drummer, Bobby Caldwell. A band worth checking out!

Here's one of my favorites from the first Iron Butterfly album...

You Just Can't Win

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

Most anything you want is a pretty good track! So now I know two Iron Butterfly songs! :grinthumb

I love the group for this alone as it made one of the greatest Simpson moments ever! :lmao: "Wait a minute! This sounds like Rock and/or Roll!":lmao:

Simpsons In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida

"Wait a minute, this sounds like rock and/or roll" :heheh: Classic!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online

No members online now.