Introduction Thread!!

kath

astronomy domino's™
Reaction score
Martha Washington said:
what am I to you, a snack cake???

a snack cake???? geez. of course not. do you think i'm that superficial and shallow?

kath
...yer at least a chocolate cheesecake, possibly with whipped cream.

angshu

Reaction score
kath said:
hello.

my name is kath.

i had to come just to see sneelock's sex change.

can i say that... sex change? wouldn't wanna offend anybody who couldn't afford a sex change and is feeling pretty damn bitter about it.

i also see spike and angshu, folk whom i'll assume remain content with their own gender issues.

kath
one question, martha~~why not dolly madison? of course, she didn't discover ice cream, did she?

p.s. i'm not sure about this whole "junior member" thingie. i've never belonged to a junior in my life.

i am content with my gender as a matter of fact, kath, and i, for one, am glad to see you here (i'm normally glad to see you).
the thing about sneelock is, even post the sex change, he looks exactly the same. helmet and all. that's one down for those feminists, eh? i recognized him at once!

i belonged (loosely speaking) to a junior once, but i was a junior meself, and that relationship ended in agony and bitterness all around. i then became a blogger. c'est la bleeding vie, i guess.

Last edited:

angshu

Reaction score
Martha Washington said:
Telecat, I'm an oldster who did NOT get the chance to see DP. I DID see some pay per view or some such they did when they headlined "California Jam" and it was awesome. I guess Blackmore threw a major temper tantrum or something but it all translated as showmanship as far as I was concerned. So, no concert experiences but Richie Blackmore throwing a snit-fit was DAMNED good television!!!

i, in spite of comparitively just having emerged from my nappies, have seen deep purple twice and once have had the rather cool opportunity to jam with 'em on stage for a couple of songs.
the real sad bit is i was so freaking wasted that half way through some free jam thing, i had to lean on the amp and keep my eyes closed for a bit to be able to regain some sort of composure.
why the guys came to watch my crummy band in the first place is a bit of a mystery, but i'm glad it happened!

willg54

Reaction score
Wow, jammin' w DP. That's cool. I always hoped that Hendrix would play some small bar in my town, when I was a young drummer, and I could ask if they would let me jam for one song. . . .but then he died. I was pissed, and of course, sad.

angshu

Reaction score
what i really liked about DP, as opposed to other name acts, is how very nice they were. roger glover and ian gillian are extremely friendly, and they didn't even have the usual posse of hangers-on and elitist bouncer type bastards that others do.

it was really refreshing to see such a HUGE band take it so easy.

we opened for hoobastank last year, and their entourage were such shits about letting us in even for the after-party. grrr.

willg54

Reaction score
Hey Angshu, what kinda music does your band play? Is there anywhere I can go to hear your stuff, like over the internet?

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
angshu said:
what i really liked about DP, as opposed to other name acts, is how very nice they were. roger glover and ian gillian are extremely friendly, and they didn't even have the usual posse of hangers-on and elitist bouncer type bastards that others do.

it was really refreshing to see such a HUGE band take it so easy.

we opened for hoobastank last year, and their entourage were such shits about letting us in even for the after-party. grrr.

Yeah, my wife and I met them backstage in San Antonio in Feb '04.

http://www.geocities.com/sugarspice612/photopageceltic.html

Very friendly indeed. I just met Steve Morse a few weeks ago at House of Blues here in Myrtle Beach. He played with The Dregs and his trio opened. As soon as the show ended Steve hopped off the stage into the crowd and began signing autographs and bullshitting with fans.

They are in the studio as we speak.

kath

astronomy domino's™
Reaction score
angshu said:
i belonged (loosely speaking) to a junior once, but i was a junior meself, and that relationship ended in agony and bitterness all around.

at least it didn't end in a jaibait charge.

and i'm glad to see you, too.

note to shaggy~~instead of a 'junior member', can i be a 'junior membrane'? i kinda like the sound of that. or better yet, can we just name ourselves? the schizophrenic side of me is holding a gun to my head and making me ask.

(EDIT: it's just a thought. i don't mean to overstep my bounds or anything. old habits die hard. :D )

kath
p.s. cool pics, telecat.

Last edited:

angshu

Reaction score
willg54 said:
Hey Angshu, what kinda music does your band play? Is there anywhere I can go to hear your stuff, like over the internet?

mostly rock, but with myriad variations. we're a pretty modern-sounding band, and i suppose vaguely it's like a combination of pearl jam, the police and led zeppelin with some RHCP and jeff buckley thrown in. or something :)

we just had our first album out, and right now we're in the midst of a load of release gigs. our site is www.theoceanband.com , and the cd's gonna be up for sale there soon apparently. you can listen to a couple of songs online too. hope you like what you hear! (feedback and criticism are more than welcome)

cheers!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.