Introduction Thread!!

Reaction score
What up you guys

Names Damien Delgado, and i love rock

Favorite bands- led zepllein, ozzy osbourne, van halen, mettalica, and stuff liek that

I play dryums and have been playin for a few years

anything else u gys wanna know, msg me r whatever

L

lastofthesummerwine

I'm lastofthesummerwine, in honor of one of the best TV series ever.

First and foremost, I love The Beatles. Other preferences are The Doors, Stones, Janis Joplin, Led Zeppelin and a descending list of choices after that.

There's alot to love within most music genres, but I am not even on listening terms with country or rap. I can gag to either one, though.

cnbpjb

Reaction score
Okay, I'll introduce myself within limits:

I'm 41 years old (YIKES!) :eek: and a man. I live in Atlanta, GA right now (which isn't totally my favorite place, although I will take living in unincorporated area of DeKalb County over living in Tampa Bay area in Florida). I have a Bachelor's Degree in History. I do have some plans other than working as a File Clerk as I am at the current time (love libraries, films, sports {baseball, basketball, soccer, volleyball, some extreme winter sports, biking, walking, and watching figure skating}, and acting).

As far as music I have an eclectic taste: Love classical music (Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, etc), love jazz (especially big band swing), love bluegrass (although not much of the modern country music), love folk music (Kingston Trio, later Bob Dylan, etc.), love early rock 'n' roll (Little Richard, Buddy Holly, some Elvis), love '60's, '70's, '80's, '90's, 2000's pop and rock (traditional top 40, plus some punk -- Sex Pistols, Ramones, etc., '70's disco -- Donna Summer, not as much the Bee Gees, but do have some of his, vocal standards, Barbra Streisand, Neil Diamond, Linda Ronstadt, Carly Simon, Carole King, etc. -- old Motown -- Martha & the Vandellas, the Four Tops, the Temptations, the Supremes, Marvin Gaye, etc. -- '80's new wave -- Duran Duran, the Smithereens, the Go-Go's, the Bangles, etc.), like to collect music on CD's. The only areas besides modern country I don't like, in music that is, is hardcore rap, more recent hardcore punk, and hardcore heavy metal (although there were some heavy metal bands from the '80's and '90's I loved, or at least the music).

My favorite Classic Rock artist are as follows -- or what shows up in general on Classic Rock stations, (in no particular order): Beatles, Doors, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, Janis Joplin, Santana, Jimi Hendrix, Journey, Foreigner, etc. (and this list could go on and on and on :eek: ).

I do love some of the new rock artists (or more recent) such as Coldplay, Michelle Branch, Green Day, Oasis, Scissor Sisters, Lenny Kravitz, etc. (and I do like listening to the newer rock station, 99X here in Atlanta, as well as traditional Classic Rock station of 96 Rock and even the eclectic mix of such stations in Atlanta such as Light 94.9 and Dave 92.9 FM and even the classic music station that also has NPR and also the light station of B98.5; I do miss the having an oldies station though that plays some of the '60's party and surf rock though!)

I also like to read (especially history, and science fiction) and watch some TV ("Gilmore Girls", "ER", "Lost", "Everwood", the original "CSI", "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit", "House" are some of my favorite shows on.)

Thank you for your time and interest and that's my introduction.

Bassclarinet01

Reaction score
My name is Danielle. I'm 15 and I live in Tennessee. I'm not a hillbilly. And I don't speak country. The only music I like is classic rock and classical. The music I hate is bluegrass and country.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
cnbpjb said:
Okay, I'll introduce myself within limits:

I'm 41 years old (YIKES!) :eek: and a man. I live in Atlanta, GA right now (which isn't totally my favorite place, although I will take living in unincorporated area of DeKalb County over living in Tampa Bay area in Florida). I have a Bachelor's Degree in History. I do have some plans other than working as a File Clerk as I am at the current time (love libraries, films, sports {baseball, basketball, soccer, volleyball, some extreme winter sports, biking, walking, and watching figure skating}, and acting).

As far as music I have an eclectic taste: Love classical music (Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, etc), love jazz (especially big band swing), love bluegrass (although not much of the modern country music), love folk music (Kingston Trio, later Bob Dylan, etc.), love early rock 'n' roll (Little Richard, Buddy Holly, some Elvis), love '60's, '70's, '80's, '90's, 2000's pop and rock (traditional top 40, plus some punk -- Sex Pistols, Ramones, etc., '70's disco -- Donna Summer, not as much the Bee Gees, but do have some of his, vocal standards, Barbra Streisand, Neil Diamond, Linda Ronstadt, Carly Simon, Carole King, etc. -- old Motown -- Martha & the Vandellas, the Four Tops, the Temptations, the Supremes, Marvin Gaye, etc. -- '80's new wave -- Duran Duran, the Smithereens, the Go-Go's, the Bangles, etc.), like to collect music on CD's. The only areas besides modern country I don't like, in music that is, is hardcore rap, more recent hardcore punk, and hardcore heavy metal (although there were some heavy metal bands from the '80's and '90's I loved, or at least the music).

My favorite Classic Rock artist are as follows -- or what shows up in general on Classic Rock stations, (in no particular order): Beatles, Doors, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, Janis Joplin, Santana, Jimi Hendrix, Journey, Foreigner, etc. (and this list could go on and on and on :eek: ).

I do love some of the new rock artists (or more recent) such as Coldplay, Michelle Branch, Green Day, Oasis, Scissor Sisters, Lenny Kravitz, etc. (and I do like listening to the newer rock station, 99X here in Atlanta, as well as traditional Classic Rock station of 96 Rock and even the eclectic mix of such stations in Atlanta such as Light 94.9 and Dave 92.9 FM and even the classic music station that also has NPR and also the light station of B98.5; I do miss the having an oldies station though that plays some of the '60's party and surf rock though!)

I also like to read (especially history, and science fiction) and watch some TV ("Gilmore Girls", "ER", "Lost", "Everwood", the original "CSI", "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit", "House" are some of my favorite shows on.)

Thank you for your time and interest and that's my introduction.

Nice intro thread. :) Glad you joined up. Hope you stick around and enjoy yourself!!

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Bassclarinet01 said:
My name is Danielle. I'm 15 and I live in Tennessee. I'm not a hillbilly. And I don't speak country. The only music I like is classic rock and classical. The music I hate is bluegrass and country.

Welcome Danielle. What classical rock bands do you like?

cnbpjb

Reaction score
Somewhat, Len, and welcome. This is a cool place. If you go and reply to posts, you will see that there are various different things you can do, including use of smiley faces and colors.

willg54

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Lin . . .hope u enjoy your stay. Any questions, just ask away. We'll tell u all sorts of stuff, be it right or wrong. :)
christmas_welcome.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online