Interview Section

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Part of me thinks it's fine but also kind of sees cons! For me I've always been more about music content in the forum first and then social aspects second. I think that we have a great group of members that offers that BUT those are the ones that stay. I think that for some new members, particularly younger ones, they might just come in for chat and if I'm completely honest SOME come in for plain old attention. I take it the thread is exclusively a second level of introductions or a more in depth followup to the introduction thread. What I fear is that a new member may come in, hone in on that thread and sit there until they ride it out and leave or not contribute to much else. For me, I prefer the nature of gradually getting to know someone over time and being surprised as you find out more details. I'm not AGAINST the idea if the majority of members/staff are in favor of it but it's not a group I want to manage as had been mentioned. If one of the mods was into it and wants to make this their project then that's cool as well! That's my two cents weighing the pros and cons! :)

Agree, that is my main argument against it. I also think there's a potential of things running out of hand, getting too personal etc.

All good points. The forum I am on that has done this (a film forum) has a group membership that is considerably smaller. If any mods decide to give it a whirl, I have some tips that help, but CRF certainly won't be worse off without it. The journals do offer a platform of sorts for this in any case.

Last edited:

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
............ also the "Daily, Nightly Chat" thread was a good place to get to know fellow members. It used to be really lively and fun thread but it seems to have died over the past couple of years.

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
I said I don't like the idea, and I still stand by that. I certainly won't quit the forum if the mods decide to go ahead with it. I think Sunny's idea about the chat thread is more positive and fitting for this forum. I think the fact that the thread is slow and has died out, kind of shows that people would like to get to know people on their own terms. That's just my opinion. Just because I said I would vote no in poll does not mean that the idea should be canned. I am certainly NOT the whole forum, and I don't speak for it.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.