International Rock

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
What about to create a new category for bands with different language than English? So for example we can talk about bands from Poland, Hungary or Pango-Pango ( :heheh: ) there and possibly some users can discover/share some stuff from their homelands. What do you think? :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
On the surface it sounds like a workable idea...like everything else it's the reality that counts. Most international music threads don't generate much interest in my experience, even if the music is first class.

If there were enough threads to support a sub-forum we would consider making one. My suggestion would be to write the threads tag them appropriately "International" and if we got enough of them then a section for them would be feasible.

For now...I would put them in the "Everything Else" sub-forum.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea, Nololob.

I would need atleast 10-15 threads to justify a sub-forum. I wont make a forum if it is going to start out empty.......

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
If you consider swedish as international, i've done a few swedish post rock band threads in the "Everything Else" forum. The Evpatoria Report and pg.lost are two of them I believe. There's also some bands from England and in the UK, but i'm not sure what classifies as international per say.

I think it'd be a cool idea to have an international forum. It'd be more organized imo.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
My idea in classification to international rock forum is to put bands, that use the different language in lyrics than English (singer in Swedish band sings in Swedish for example).

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I had a good friend who posted "Bulgarian" folk music for example, that is what I consider international.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Alright, that makes more sense. Just wanted to be sure I had the right idea of what it is and all that.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am with Nololob for a definition of "international music"....anything where the vocals are not in English.

I posted a band in LG and My journal that is a Spanish folk metal band, Saurom Lamderth, who has spanish lyrics........to me that is international music:

http://www.classicrockforums.com/forum/285774-post94.html

If I make an International Music sub-forum, the title description will be.....Post bands whose lyrics are not in English.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyalDonah

Members online

No members online now.