Intelligence has now entered C.R.F

algernon

Reaction score
Martin Q. Blank said:
I won't lie though and say things get "easier" with age. Many people here may think that, but I don't. I just think they change. It's tricky because some things become more complicated with age, while others don't. And of course those can depend on the individual to some degree.
I can only speak of my experience. Oh, how I grieved at the passing of my youth when I was late teens...ah, the existential angst! Howling at the moon! Gnashing of teeth!..Then I got over it. And life got a whole lot better. Looking back now, I wouldn't be 17 again for anything.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
algernon said:
Agreed. Take it back, About A Girl!

Well... I'll admit that it's completely unlikely that I would ever kill myself. Even if I ever came to the point where I would decide my hopes were completely gone, I still would never have the guts to do anything the least bit drastic. I can pick Charles Manson as my role model, and put down the academic institutions, but I'm actually a conformist. I always do what I'm told. Most radical thing I've ever done was go to class early! (Seriously, funny story, I'll tell ya some time.... it ends up with them threatening to fail me).

Can ya really blame me for my sentiments, though? Life doesn't seem to have anything to offer me, it really doesn't. I know for a fact that me and my peers aren't happy, and it doesn't look to me like adults are happy. Maybe I'm wrong though, maybe adults are happy. I don't want to mellow out and become like them, but perhaps I'm wrong to think that to mellow out is worse than death. Not that I think death is a bad thing.

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Well, I'm happy for the most part. Sure I bitch and moan about things from time to time....okay, quite a bit....sure, a lot...but that's just me. I have an annoying habit of voicing my opinion on EVERYTHING because I have lots of opinions about everything. LOL

But in any case, life is as good as you want it to be. Yea, I know, it sounds like a cliche. But seriously, most of the time it's a matter of how you look at life. That half full or half empty thing is true.

Generally speaking I'm happy. Had a great life, made mostly good decisions and am content with my lot. I have the love of my life, pretty good health overall, a great family and despite being disenchanted with my current job am confident I will find something else that will keep me interested and happy.

Look at it this way, you only get one go around in life so make the best of it. :)

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
well, when I was 17, if I didn't get what I wanted it was a great big hairy deal. Now, if I don't get what I want, it's Thursday.

I like being old in the sense that I think your character and your judgement deepen. sure, we all have moments we're not proud of but overall.
I've washed a lot of dishes in my life. There was a time when I would frequently cut myself with knives or break things. Those things happen less the more dishes I wash. There's a satisfaction in doing things better the more you've done them.

still, I'd give anything to be 17 again for a week or two and for two reasons.
1.) I had a LOT more going for me than I thought I did.
2.) I could fall down the stairs, jump off the roof, get the SNOT beat out of me and still bounce back. Seriously, your body's made of RUBBER, man. Enjoy it while you can!

algernon

Reaction score
Martha Washington said:
well, when I was 17, if I didn't get what I wanted it was a great big hairy deal. Now, if I don't get what I want, it's Thursday.
HA! Best quote of the week! I've missed you, old friend.

algernon

Reaction score
AboutAGirl said:
Can ya really blame me for my sentiments, though? Life doesn't seem to have anything to offer me, it really doesn't. I know for a fact that me and my peers aren't happy, and it doesn't look to me like adults are happy. Maybe I'm wrong though, maybe adults are happy. I don't want to mellow out and become like them, but perhaps I'm wrong to think that to mellow out is worse than death. Not that I think death is a bad thing.
The happy people are the ones who lose themselves in serving others..who kill themselves in a figurative sense. Not to imply that I'm successful at it...it's just an observation.

kath

astronomy domino's™
Reaction score
Martha Washington said:
still, I'd give anything to be 17 again for a week or two and for two reasons.
1.) I had a LOT more going for me than I thought I did.
2.) I could fall down the stairs, jump off the roof, get the SNOT beat out of me and still bounce back. Seriously, your body's made of RUBBER, man. Enjoy it while you can!

sppplllrffftttt. the ring of fucquin truth.

i wouldn't mind going back to 17 for one saturday night... being young, impervious, reckless, scarless... but only if i could come back to exactly where i am now.

there are advantages and disadvantages to any age, any decade.

i'll make a wager, tho... all those friends i knew who died all too young~~i bet if they could take another crack at it, they would.

kath
love & laughter, do or die.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online