"I'm still in Cheap Trick,I just don't talk to them anymore"-Bun E. Carlos

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
WOW!! Sorry about the bad gig...Cheap Trick is really a good band. Not sure what is going on. I'd like to think Bun might be joking about some of the stuff he's saying. At some points it sounds like a joke or being sarcastic.

They did alot of that joke slagging and false stories for fun on the Tokyo To You DVD.

I thought he had back issues, which is not mentioned here,

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
I love Cheap Trick..I mean I just felt something was REALLY off about them..

I missed Bun E. but I think after last year , that they need to kinda re-group and figure out WHERE they want this band to go..I mean they STILL sounded really good..

it would be a shame for them to self-destruct..

Hope Bun E is ok,,he's my fav Trickster :)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
...yeah I think a small rest would be a good idea...I really do want the Dream Police with full Symphony to come out on DVD.....but then, let's see if we can't get Bun back on stage. Again it's just one of those bands or situations where it just doesn't look right again.

Like VH for me without Michael....so un balanced. :uh:

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
...yeah I think a small rest would be a good idea...I really do want the Dream Police with full Symphony to come out on DVD.....but then, let's see if we can't get Bun back on stage. Again it's just one of those bands or situations where it just doesn't look right again.

Like VH for me without Michael....so un balanced. :uh:

Agreed Metal :grinthumb Cheap Tick needs to rest ..they've been going straight out and they aint so young anymore..no disrespect ,,just sayin'

Ooh 10 mins with Van Halens, Sammy, DL, AND Michael..I'll straighten those buttheads out :tongue:

seriously, they are ALLLL being childlish..grow up gentlemen..well Mikes ok ..he's the ONLY one tho :heheh:

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
They always were criminally (I mean seriously) under rated with even the most serious of rock music fans seemingly failing to look beyond At Budokan. And forget about The Flame being in any way indicative of their sound - 'twas a mere blip my friends.

For a while in the early nineties they were my out and out favourite band of all time and that's saying something considering how much music I digest.

I don't see that they need a rest though:

(1) Saw them in Wolverhampton, England last year and they absolutely smoked and were f*cking way heavier and louder than I expected;

(2) Despite the worst album title ever, The Latest was a very good CT record and I really don't care how old the compositions were.

As are Aerosmith the US Stones, so are Cheap Trick the US Beatles: They're that good. Check out their string of first five classic LPs: Cheap Trick, In Color, Heaven Tonight, At Budokan and Dream Police.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That is High Praise indeed Coltrane...but I stand firm on my opinion about CT. They were a good band but no where near my favorite during their prime.

I did think their last studio album was surprisingly good though, I will give them that.;)

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
^^That is High Praise indeed Coltrane...but I stand firm on my opinion about CT. They were a good band but no where near my favorite during their prime.

I did think their last studio album was surprisingly good though, I will give them that.;)

...I will say that they miss Bun E though. A bit like the Stones without Charlie Watts; a missing component. Seriously good tub thumper.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^One of our resident fans mentioned he had back troubles, that was the original reason he stopped touring with the band...:think:

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
They always were criminally (I mean seriously) under rated with even the most serious of rock music fans seemingly failing to look beyond At Budokan. And forget about The Flame being in any way indicative of their sound - 'twas a mere blip my friends.

For a while in the early nineties they were my out and out favourite band of all time and that's saying something considering how much music I digest.

I don't see that they need a rest though:

(1) Saw them in Wolverhampton, England last year and they absolutely smoked and were f*cking way heavier and louder than I expected;

(2) Despite the worst album title ever, The Latest was a very good CT record and I really don't care how old the compositions were.

As are Aerosmith the US Stones, so are Cheap Trick the US Beatles: They're that good. Check out their string of first five classic LPs: Cheap Trick, In Color, Heaven Tonight, At Budokan and Dream Police.

I must have got them on a bad night..because they weren't at their best last September..super late, unprepared and just looked terrible..

sounded ok ..not great..

They have always been really good live..and I don't give up on them// but they DID let me down..they were just off that night..

Fever

Reaction score
The past two times I have seen them they only got about a 30 minute set,which is way too short.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online