If you had to choose an instrument you want to play...

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
The thing that impresses me is people who can hear a note and know which one it is!! I've never taught myself to do that unless I'm playing my Bass and I hit open notes.. :peek

opera races

Reaction score
I remember when I was in the junior high orchestra the conductor told us the string instruments (violin, viola, cello, bass) are the most difficult to play. I think the way she explained it is it’s up to the person playing to hit the right notes and be in tune.

My big problem was while I can distinguish high and low and understand notes in relation to each other I somehow don’t hear sharp and flat (in the context of being “off”) and forget it when it comes to being able to pick out specific notes by ear! I could tune a cello with the other three strings correct in relation the A string but if the A string wasn’t the actual A sound ... I was in big trouble! I absolutely needed a piano or tuning fork to get the correct A sound for reference to tune the rest of the instrument.

lol I guess that would make me a good candidate to try piano again if I had access to one ... once a piano is tuned you’re pretty much all set but then have to go about the business of how to play the notes!

I definitely recommend trying cello ... IMO it’s a great musical instrument!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I believe you Opera Races, stringed instruments are very difficult and take endless practice.

But piano to me is the most beautiful instrument in music, especially my classical library and I've always loved it either solo or massive orchestras. I believe more conductors played the piano than any other instrument, early it was the violin but after the piano was invented it took over pretty much.(Going by memory, I read that somewhere when I was doing some research into Bach's Goldberg Variations.)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
My first choice is Guitar then Hammond Organ and a bonus would be the Flute. Kind of a cross between Ian Anderson and Thijs Van Leer with a touch of Jimmy Page thrown in. Yeah that'd do me. :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online