That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
classicrockrevisited

GILLAN TALKS ABOUT A PURPLE MARK III REUNION
Brought To You By VH1’s Dave Basner

Plenty of Deep Purple fans out there would love to see the band’s Mark III line-up reunite. That would mean Ritchie Blackmore, Glenn Hughes, Jon Lord, Ian Paice and singer David Coverdale would have to get back together. So if that were to happen, how would current (and Mark II) vocalist Ian Gillan feel about being replaced by the Whitesnake singer.

“Well, I don’t know. I didn’t know there was such a thing. As far as I know, Whitesnake is touring quite happily.”

As of yet, there is no reunion happening, but Glenn recently told us he’d be up for it. Meanwhile, Deep Purple kick off a tour in Brazil early next month.

Mk3_meadows.jpg

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A reunion would be really cool :)

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
That line-up reuniting and playing the whole of Burn would be unreal.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I agree with Nolo...there is something missing...like Gillan's opinion on all this taking place. I think Coverdale is busy with his own band right now anyway but a one of show would be a possibility...good luck talking Ritchie Blackmore into it though.

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Lord Grendel, but just imagine sold-out tour, that would have passed, if Lord, Blackmore, Hughes, Coverdale and Pace reunited! I think, it would shut up for the belt even Led Zeppelin reunion!
To see, how Ritchie Blackmore playing the best hard rock in the world on the stadiums again - this is something!:bow::bow:2_sm16.gif

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Lord Grendel, but just imagine sold-out tour, that would have passed, if Lord, Blackmore, Hughes, Coverdale and Pace reunited! I think, it would shut up for the belt even Led Zeppelin reunion!
To see, how Ritchie Blackmore playing the best hard rock in the world on the stadiums again - this is something!:bow::bow:2_sm16.gif

I like the MKII lineup the best myself, but I can see you are very excited about the possibility of the MKIII line-up getting back together again.:D

Added the missing bit.

Thanks Nolo, Now it makes sense and is exactly what I thought, Gillan is in DP right now, Coverdale is with his own band so this reunion chat seems like speculation more than anything substantial.

And I don't think "Lord Blackmore" will ever play with Purple again, but I would love to be proven wrong.;)

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
And I don't think "Lord Blackmore" will ever play with Purple again, but I would love to be proven wrong.;)

Yeah, I think Ren Faire Ritchie is happy doing his thing....and he is well aware that the Rock World wants him back!

Ritchie....Come Home!

800px-Blackmore_2009_1.jpg

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
I like the MKII lineup the best myself, but I can see you are very excited about the possibility of the MKIII line-up getting back together again.:D

MK II - is my favorite too, but Blackmore and Gillan are unlikely to want to play together again, in addition, Coverdale's and, especially, Hughes's voice preserved much better than that of Ian. I would like to hear THEM "live" again, well, an album of these five legends - it's generally a dream! 2_sm5.gif

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online