I Set My Friends On Fire!

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with a muscle'd up sword fish(?) not sure what kind of fish that is. But it's badass.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
^They're more experimental rock. I wouldn't class them as metal.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
^Screamo is another one I would class them as, as well. For obvious reasons. They get a lot of flack for some reason, saying they aren't good, and they're just a bunch of babies trying to make music. I think they're a legitimate band, like any other band.

Harkat

Reaction score
Seconded. Its not conventional music but its music that comes from within, music for others to enjoy.
Like ice-creams, every ice-cream is different and not everyone likes the same ice-cream but at the same time the creators are making new and different types of ice-cream for people to enjoy.
These guys are just more niche than most metal is ... if that makes sense ...

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
^Makes perfect sense to me. I really just listen to these guys BECAUSE they sound a bit different than a lot of screamo/post-hardcore bands out there nowadays. They have a different feel to them, like...with "Crank That" and "HXC 2 Step", not only is it good music, but it's also sort of comedic. Besides, i've been listening to these guys since they first put their songs on Myspace, so there's no way i'll stop listening just because other people don't like their sound.

Harkat

Reaction score
And these guys try to combine screamo/deathcore with a very strong melody, in a sense making something brutal and heavy very beautiful and melodic whilst adding that comedic element.
"Things That Rhyme With Orange" is a classic example. Starts of with a gentle melodic start with an electric keyboard before moving into death vocals, which remain prominent throughout the song, then shows a classic metalcore sign with the crossover of death and clean vocals. Crunkcore and Post-Hardcore are evident throughout the the song, whilst the song retains its elements of gentle melody and comedy.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
^Exactly. Things That Rhyme With Orange is a fantastic song, especially at the chorus. The vocals are so clean and great to listen to.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
New album was released a few days ago. I got myself a downloaded copy, haven't given it too much of a listen yet, but by the looks of it, it seems to be filled with a pretty decent amount of tracks.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Members online

No members online now.