I Need Advice on Stereo Components

davorp

Rock on!
Reaction score
I am building my first audiophile hi fi system. I'm planning to get Olive HD 4 music server. Now, I would like some advices on what amp and speakers to get?

TIA:)

taha

Reaction score
If you're prepared to spend a couple of grand on that, then I would suggest you buy ($$$) a setup capable of suporting it. If I remember an article right, that thing can sound damn good. I would start at a minimum of a *** or Rotel type intergrated amp, maybe a HI end Pioneer Elite Receiver or better yet seperate preamp/amp components.
But as HEP said, what's your $$$$ budget ?

woof

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Hep give it up, Davorp is of the "Digital" age...so I doubt that your fixation on Turntables will do any good.

However my two friends are right, it's hard to know what to recommend until you give a ball park figure. One thing I would do though is spend Half of your investment on your speakers, spend the time to look around and listen to them with your own music if possible. If you want vintage stuff Taha, Craig, Hep, Flip and a few others are pretty knowledgeable and can help you out.

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
Audition speakers (at home if possible) and get the right sound. Some places will try to push a set by having them a bit louder than the others, but give them all a listen. Don't be afraid to ask for adjustments. Then get enough amp to cover the music plus a little extra. Gotta second getting a turntable if you are into Classic Rock. The sound is better. Unless you want to get a preamp, and integrated amp can be had at low cost with plenty of power and features (including a phono amp in most cases.)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
The major problem with collecting vinyl is getting Good copies of the classic albums. They are not easy to find and are not cheap either.

Davorp has already decided to go digital, hence the Massive server he mentioned to keep his music on.

I would browse e-bay and Audigon...they are both packed with information and good deals on used equipment.

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
I'd suggest you audition these speakers:

Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v.4s

200802_paradigm_studio100.jpg

Monitor Audio Silver RS8s

speakers_lg_ma_gs60.jpg

I use the Monitor Audio RS8s myself and I find them to be an absolute delight.

:****:

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Hep you better post the prices of your "Bookshelf" speakers to give Davorp the complete picture, those are good speakers though.:tup:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Staff online

Members online