Hoobastank: American Rock Band ('94)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Now here is a band that I am very very fond of, and have been fond of since I was a child. Hoobastank has been a band that's also been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. They were a group I would listen to when my life was in hell, or when I just needed some time to think. Their music worked wonders in that way, and so many other ways. The Reason was the first song I ever heard from them, and was instantly hooked. It feels like ancient history when I first heard it, but it's stuck with me through the years, and has remained that one "go-to" song when I need it. Furthermore...onto the music:

HOOBASTANK

i4migx.jpg

DISCOGRAPHY
2001 - Hoobastank
b_31936_Hoobastank-Hoobastank-2001.jpg

First album I ever heard from this band, (as stated above), The Reason became my favorite song from them, instantly.
2003 - The Reason
Hoobastank_-_The_Reason.jpg

2006 - Every Man For Himself
61ctrzBgHnL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

2009 - For(N)ever
51BeSnNV7dL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

Never seen them live, but according to Youtube, they don't sound too bad:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Honestly, I only bought the first album and it wasn't bad but I've fallen away from really getting into them since. Something about them doesn't really capture my attention. I think they're talented enough but they have one song I definitely don't care if I ever hear again and that's "The Reason"! :heheh: I guarantee you there are enough people here who like them better than me though Prime! :grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I think "The Reason" is the most familiar to people if they ever gave this band a listen a few years back. I haven't gotten any of their albums either, but I plan to. I used to listen to this band a lot, and I was thinking about them today, and thought..."a thread would be perfect", so...I did one. I'll keep ya'll's posted on how the albums are once I start getting them.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have the album "The Reason". Unlike Sooty, I still love the title song, even though it was played to death on the radio. I never followed Hoobastank any farther than this album. I guess they failed to hold my attention since their music really isn't anything new, plus the fact I dont pay much attention to the radio hits anymore, and Hoobastank seems to be geared for the radio hits..........

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I have the album "The Reason". Unlike Sooty, I still love the title song, even though it was played to death on the radio. I never followed Hoobastank any farther than this album. I guess they failed to hold my attention since their music really isn't anything new, plus the fact I dont pay much attention to the radio hits anymore, and Hoobastank seems to be geared for the radio hits..........

Definitely true. Hoobastank was way overplayed on the radio a few years ago, but for good reason. Than again, that'd be getting into the topic of radio, and that's a completely different story on it's own :heheh:

Gonna try to get their self titled "Hoobastank" release in a day or two, and possibly get a hold of "The Reason" release as well.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online