Hello from TheSound

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Welcome back man. I thought something had happened to you which led to your being gone. Good to hear you were able to make it back though. Looking forward to your posts as always.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Welcome aboard again. Enjoy your stay and I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

Thanks zep! It was fun here last time, before I vanished, looks a nice place to hang out still. I'm a huge Zeppelin fan btw, I was at Knebworth in 1979 for their final ever uk show, will never ever forget it, see you around.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Thanks zep! It was fun here last time, before I vanished, looks a nice place to hang out still. I'm a huge Zeppelin fan btw, I was at Knebworth in 1979 for their final ever UK show, will never ever forget it, see you around.
Lucky you... That must have been quite an event. Watching the full film of the gig, I thought their performance was average at best. They did regroup for more compact and energetic shows in Europe though.

TheSound

Reaction score
Yeah, it was more the scale of the event rather than the performance at Knebworth, I went to the 2nd show which by most accounts was better than the first one the previous week, but generally speaking festivals back in those days were too big, must have been 150,000 people there, probably only the 20,000 within 100 yards of the actual stage felt involved, we were lucky as we were front stage right, and so we had Page literally right in front of us all night, but the sound was muddy and too loud, but the sense of occasion was overwhelming as I recall, my abiding memory was actually of them playing 'In the Evening' and 'All My Love' - which nobody knew as I think the In Through the Out Door album only came out that same week, a very underated album IMO, 'Carouselambra' surely has to be one of the greatest rampaging kick ass Zepp tracks ever, it's like 'Son of Achilles Last Stand' or 'Trampled Underfoot Mk II' ! Anyway, thanks again for saying hi!

TheSound

Reaction score
I remember you Joe, big Canucks fan right? Unlucky in the Stanley Cup, especially since I hate the Bruins! My Caps totally screwed up in the playoffs, totally outplayed by Tampa in 4 games, so no complaints there, can't wait for the new season to get underway tonight, Caps have Florida at 7.00pm ET, so I must try to stay awake if I can to watch the game online, hope the hockey thread gets bumped up! Nice to be back, cheers!

TheSound

Reaction score
That didn't come out right, what I meant was it all starts again for ME tonight since I have been too busy to watch any hockey at all so far!! Sorry to confuse you Joe!!

joe

Reaction score
I remember you Joe, big Canucks fan right? Unlucky in the Stanley Cup, especially since I hate the Bruins! My Caps totally screwed up in the playoffs, totally outplayed by Tampa in 4 games, so no complaints there, can't wait for the new season to get underway tonight, Caps have Florida at 7.00pm ET, so I must try to stay awake if I can to watch the game online, hope the hockey thread gets bumped up! Nice to be back, cheers!

Still a big Canucks fan but no longer a Luongo fan.:D I blame the Stanley Cup loss squarely on his shoulders. He didn't even give the team a chance to win in three games. Just bad goaltending.

I'm picking the Caps again this year to go to the final. The key addition: Tomas Vokoun. I don't see the Canucks getting back this year.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online