Hello from TheSound

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Agree with all that Joe, I just posted in the hockey thread, yeah, getting Vokoun could be a good addition, though I was a bit worried when I saw he got dented for 5 goals on only about 27 shots on his debut for us last week, but he's been solid since.

TheSound

Reaction score
Apologies for 'bumping' this up, but I just wanted to say thanks for the several messages of concern, as some of you will have spotted that I have again been on one of my prolonged forum/internet sabbaticals to concentrate on other things!

Extremely briefly...well I am now living back in the USA! It was always our intention to return to the USA soon, as we were very unhappy with the school where our three children were being educated in England, and they never settled in England, and then when my wife back in May applied for a position playing with an orchestra here in New York City – and she has been offered the job, starting in August – we decided to just wait until the school term ended in England, and then move back to the USA before the summer kicks in, which we did 2 weeks ago. I’m actually going to home-school our 3 kids from now on until they reach college age, it’s just way too disruptive to have them enrol in another new school here in NYC, the poor things don't know if they are coming or going.

We are renting an apartment on W71st Street in Manhattan, which is only about six blocks north of the Lincoln Centre where my wife will be based, and we’re only a couple hundred yards from Central Park West and the park, so it's worked out rather well, but this is definitely it now, no more disruption. Moving house as you will know is a total nightmare... moving house to another entire continent - and not once but twice in 3 years - is all of your nightmares combined into one! Though we lived in DC for many years until 2009, my wife’s family are actually all from New York, and she grew up here, so we already feel very settled and at home, and we have had a lot of help from family and friends, so that’s it really!

Never a dull moment in TheSound’s life!! Hope to be back posting again now, until our next upheaval anyway!!!! Thanks again friends, I missed you (well, most of you!!!) :D

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Apologies for 'bumping' this up, but I just wanted to say thanks for the several messages of concern, as some of you will have spotted that I have again been on one of my prolonged forum/internet sabbaticals to concentrate on other things!

Extremely briefly...well I am now living back in the USA! It was always our intention to return to the USA soon, as we were very unhappy with the school where our three children were being educated in England, and they never settled in England, and then when my wife back in May applied for a position playing with an orchestra here in New York City – and she has been offered the job, starting in August – we decided to just wait until the school term ended in England, and then move back to the USA before the summer kicks in, which we did 2 weeks ago. I’m actually going to home-school our 3 kids from now on until they reach college age, it’s just way too disruptive to have them enrol in another new school here in NYC, the poor things don't know if they are coming or going.

We are renting an apartment on W71st Street in Manhattan, which is only about six blocks north of the Lincoln Centre where my wife will be based, and we’re only a couple hundred yards from Central Park West and the park, so it's worked out rather well, but this is definitely it now, no more disruption. Moving house as you will know is a total nightmare... moving house to another entire continent - and not once but twice in 3 years - is all of your nightmares combined into one! Though we lived in DC for many years until 2009, my wife’s family are actually all from New York, and she grew up here, so we already feel very settled and at home, and we have had a lot of help from family and friends, so that’s it really!

Never a dull moment in TheSound’s life!! Hope to be back posting again now, until our next upheaval anyway!!!! Thanks again friends, I missed you (well, most of you!!!) :D
Glad the move seemed to go alright and that you're all happy over there. :D
Good to see you back on the forum too. :cheers2

TheSound

Reaction score
Thanks guys, like I said it has been pretty hectic, but we're finally settled now. Almost the last things I did before we made the move to NY was see Springsteen and Pearl Jam shows in Manchester, both amazing shows, it rained during the Bruce gig (it was open air at a stadium) but nobody cared, Pearl Jam I think I enjoyed even more, as we had amazing seats on the front row of the upper deck in the arena. Pretty much everybody who is anybody comes to NYC so looking forward to some great gigs, already got tickets for The Who at Madison Square Garden in December on their Quadrophenia tour, which will be insanely great. See you later.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Hey TS - nice to see you back! I was wondering how things were going with you and your family. I hope you'll be very happy in your new home!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.