Heavy D dies at 44

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Heavy D, from Heavy D and the Boys has passed away at the age of 44. Cause of death has yet to be determined.

Popular '90s rapper Heavy D died Tuesday, the L.A. Coroner Chief Craig Harvey told People. He was 44 years old.

"He was transported from a residence in Beverly Hills and was taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead in the emergency room," Harvey told People. "The cause of death is yet to be determined; we're investigating it now. We do know that he last saw his doctor two weeks ago."

According to TMZ, the artist, whose real name is Dwight Arrington Myers, was pronounced dead at 1 p.m. today after being taken to a Los Angeles hospital.

At around 11:25 a.m., a 911 call was reportedly made, reporting an unconscious male outside.

TMZ reports that the "Now That We Found Love" rapper was conscious and talking when he was taken to the hospital.

There are reportedly no signs of foul play.

Heavy D appears in the Ben Stiller and Eddie Murphy film "Tower Heist" and performed an old school set at the BET Hip-Hop Awards in October.
Stephen Hill, BET president of music programming and specials, said Heavy D was in good spirits when he performed at the hip-hop event. " I'm so glad that we got to work together for his performance at last month's BET Hip-Hop Awards," Hill said in a statement. "Hev was focused, energetic and happy; he worked HARD, as he always had, to excite the crowd."

Hill added that Heavy D was known for his showmanship. " When Hev showed up, you knew the show was about to go down," he said. "Smooth on his feet and nimble with his tongue, the overweight lover/rapper/dancer was one who truly believed in the fun of hip-hop. Choreography? In rap? Yes!"

Heavy D collaborated with a number of artists over the course of his career. He appears on the remix of Janet Jackson's song "Alright" from her "Rhythm Nation 1814" album, and on Michael Jackson's "Jam" from his "Dangerous" set. His biggest single was his 1991 song "Now That We Found Love" that reached No. 11 on the pop charts.

Source

Best known for the song Now That We Found Love

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
:uh: Heavy D was one of those rappers I enjoyed..

I have a couple CD's by him.. I'm with gcczep saying it most likely is due to his weight.

RIP Bro.. that's too young to die..

overkill86

Reaction score
My brother and I were just talking about him 3 days ago. I've always liked "Now That We Found Love." Just a good upbeat hip hop song.

R.I.P. Heavy D.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
R. I. P. Heavy D!!

The voice and writer for the In Living Color theme song. :uh:

zengac

Certified Zeppelinologist
Reaction score
My brother and I were just talking about him 3 days ago. I've always liked "Now That We Found Love." Just a good upbeat hip hop song.

R.I.P. Heavy D.

Love that song .. I just listened to it again this morning on the treadmill! I thought the same thing about his weight most likely being a contributing factor at the least ... afterall, he wasn't called the "Overweight Lover" for nothing. So sad though .. way too young. :rip:

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Rest In Peace Heavy D.....

One of my favorites from the old days..

Girls They Love Me

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member