Review Heart - Heart (1985)

album review

Trickster

Reaction score
I Just Seen This Thread..:eek:

One of my favorite albums of the 80's that still rocks with brilliant songs well written produced and performed with great vocals. A classic that stands the test of time.

oscar gamble

Do The 45
Reaction score
This album has not aged well. Musically, it has that mid-1980s gloss that's dated terribly. Even the cover photo is embarrassing.

Stealthboxer

Reaction score
1) This is a phenomenal album with ZERO bad cuts. Also it was remastered a few years ago and that gave these songs a better sound that holds up

2)Contrary to what the reviewer said, Ann and Nancy have NEVER EVER said they hate this record. The only thing they did say was they were not thrilled at the user off outside writers that new label (Capitol) insisted on then signing the band after they had been dropped by Epic Records. While Ann and Nancy also said they were not thrilled with some of the videos like gold being poured into a slab and then Nancy emerges while Ann is stuck behind a welders mask. This was a band in a state of transition. After the failure of Private Audision and then so so sales of Passionworks (which did contain the big hit “How Can I Refuse”). They needed to come out swinging and boy did they ever. One of my Top 20 records to take on a deserted island! I love their 70’s output but this album and “Brigade” both ROCK!!

3) Also for a nice listen to some of their 80’s cuts, take a listen to the live album from Heart called “Rock The House Live”
Excellent live LP

Mr Mojo Risin

Cactus Brew Drinker
Reaction score
This album has not aged well. Musically, it has that mid-1980s gloss that's dated terribly. Even the cover photo is embarrassing.
I agree about the cover. But the music I still enjoy from Heart as a band. Not as good as albums like Dog and Butterfly though.

It's still a cut above much of the devolution of music that took place in the 80s.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThorstenMa

Members online