Hawkwind (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Hawkwind

Okay I was just curious if he ever left and then came back, but if you say he was there from 69 till now, that is all I need to know.:grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

I read that he takes a backstep and doesn't enjoy the spotlight allowing dancers and mime artists to hold the the eye of those watching, and I don't think he writes lyrics just the music but I'm not 100% sure of that.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

The lead singer of Tool does that Maynard James Keenan, he performs with his back to the crowd...letting the music take center stage.

I don't think Hawkwind will ever make it over here now, but I do think they did a concert back in the 70's.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

From what I have been told the band is run from Dave's home in Devon as a kind of small cottage industry. He and his wife managing the merchandise, so I guess they pretty much stay close to home???

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

It's okay, I can always get a DVD now to replicate the experience of a live show. I do have a copy of Levitation, but it's still on the pile of CD's I haven't played yet.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

OK , you guys ready for this ...haha

I have : CDs..Hawkwind, In Search of Space, Doremi Fasol Latido, Space Ritual
Hall of the Mountain Grill, Warrior on the Edge of Time,
Live Seventy Nine, Levitation, Sonic Attack, Church of Hawkwind, Choose Your Masques, Zones, This Is Hawkwind, Do Not Panic, The Chronicle of the Black Sword, Live Chronicles, Space Bandits, The Xenon Codex, Electric Tepee, California Brainstorm , It Is the Business of the Future to Be Dangerous ( the only one I have that I don't like ), Alien 4, Take Me to Your Leader

Vinyl & MP3's : Space Ritual, Astounding Sounds Amazing Music, Quark Strangeness and Charm, PXR5, Choose Your Masques,

DVDs : The Chronicle of the Black Sword , Chaos, Hawkwind Live *Classic Rock Series*, Love in Space, Live at Stonehedge ,

I'm a huge Lemmy and Motorhead fan and Lemmy has influenced my bass playing almost as much as Geezer Bulter but I still laike a lot of the later era Hawkwind best all with Space Ritual and a few of the other older ones.

In short Hawkwind rules. The only stuff I don't like is their ambient releases.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

That's a great list DaKillerWolf...I'll have to check mine but I don't go past the 70's I'm sure.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I only had Space Ritual and a couple others about 7 years ago but then I went on a Hawkwind buying frenzy . What can I say I'm a bit obsessive about collectioning music from bands I really like. :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I am a bit of a completionist myself DKW...once I like a band I Must have as many of their albums as possible...it's an obsession almost.:D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online