Hawkwind (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Hawkwind

Yeah Shadow it is a cover of Roger Waters original song.

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

I dig all the incarnations of HW with and without Lemmy.....HW a band that has NEVER wimped on us :):)

hawk0.gif
810952778_m.jpg
607px-Hawkwind-levitation.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Nice to see another fan in here S & L....I'll be counting on you once I finish the 70's, seeing I only have albums from that era.;)

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

Just picked up some Hawkwind, Got the albums Doremi Fasol Latido and In Search Of Space. Everything's sounding good so far! :D

starman

Let The Children Lose It
Reaction score

Hawkwind are a lot like Amon Düül 2 or Eloy in that they have sounded like about 10 different bands over the years. I don't think any of the varieties sound "bad", but the early stuff up through Hall of The Mountain Grill are my favorite selections. The first album is amazing.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I agree with you Starman, the early albums are the ones I like the best, but I am not an expert on the newer releases of the band admittedly. I am glad you are checking these guys out Sal, if you can get the CD Starman mentioned "Hall of the Mountain Grill", then you would have the best of the early years in your collection.;)

Andwar

Reaction score

I agree that there are a lot of similarities between Hawkwind and Amon Duul 2 with some of them due to Dave Anderson who was with Amon Duul and left to join Hawkwind, I seem to remember at the request of Dave Brock (although I may be wrong).

Lemmy was sacked from the band in 1975 because he was caught with drugs in his possession on a tour of America and the band was forced to cancel some gigs.

Mojo Magazine (in the UK) did a great history of Hawkwind a few years back which I thouroughly recommend if you can get get hold of it.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Nice thread!! Hawkwind is never looked at enough...and no one really pays attention to the fact that Lemmy was in it...well at least a small "some" of my metal buds I don't think really realize the connection!

Good music is good music!!

You guys might remember this little ditty!

MOTORHEAD :grinthumb

Andwar

Reaction score

A great tribute to Hawkwind was done by Arjen's band Star One with Dave Brock doing the vocals. As somebody posted on You Tube, 'Hawkwind on Steroids'!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online