Happy Record Store Day!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
There is no doubt labels/artists are using this staged event to generate interest and sales in their wares.

Cosmic there are still a handful of quality labels releasing vinyl, I'm not sure how many pressings they make but if they make it to my local record shops then they must be making quite a few.

LLG, I agree 100%, I buy vinyl to play and enjoy not to look at that always mystified me. It's not a painting it's a physical media designed to provide enjoyment when you spin it on your TT.

I have no interest in colored vinyl or picture discs, the Iron Maiden releases piss me off no end, stuff those cool looking soft vinyl picture discs and offer me heavyweight carbon black please and thank you.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
There is no doubt labels/artists are using this staged event to generate interest and sales in their wares.

The only side that generates the most money on this is the 'buyer re-seller'. If you look at Status Quo - Tokyo Quo RSD issue on eBay, they go for £25-£60. I'm sure the price was less than that in actual record stores.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Limited editions are designed to do that, which is why MFSL offers a 'pre-order' when they are doing a run of a classic album. That way you can spend a reasonable amount and get a nice brand new copy. Later when the pressing sells out you'll see them surface at the usual outlets for a lot more money.

I'm not sure I'll be buying any new vinyl now, I've acquired most of my favorites and haven't been to any of my usual shops in a few months.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online