Guns N' Roses (Official Thread)

Trickster

Reaction score
On my way to work, I tried to listen to Chinese Democracy. For the love of God, what in the hell made them EVER release that piece of shit album. I had a VERY hard time even listening through the first 5 songs.

Calling this album shit should be offensive to feces all across this world because most shit doesn't stink as bad as this release.

Seriously, as much as I have ripped on how bad Metallica's St Anger album is, St Anger is INCREDIBLE compared to this Chinese Democracy. The nicest thing I can call it is "trash". I listened to it on YT years ago when it was first released and I thought it was bad, but I don't remember it being THIS bad!

I'll be on the road for several hours later this week and I'll see if I can get through the 2nd half of the album, but I don't have any good vibes based on the first 5.5 songs.

:puke:

I agree with you.. just my thought on the album.. This album should have been called 'The Axl Rose Show', not Guns n Roses, as it has little to do with anything except Axl's ego channeled through music played by a bunch of different people. I was surprised at some of its complexity when I first listened to it years ago.

Ultimately, it's faults are Axl's love of his screechy high-pitched whiny voice, which starts to sound like a mosquito in my ear, and it's CRAPPY recording quality. It sounds like it was mastered through headphones like the ones they give you for an in-flight movie. Drums sound like they're made out of cardboard.:ce:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
On my way to work, I tried to listen to Chinese Democracy. For the love of God, what in the hell made them EVER release that piece of shit album. I had a VERY hard time even listening through the first 5 songs.

Calling this album shit should be offensive to feces all across this world because most shit doesn't stink as bad as this release.

Seriously, as much as I have ripped on how bad Metallica's St Anger album is, St Anger is INCREDIBLE compared to this Chinese Democracy. The nicest thing I can call it is "trash". I listened to it on YT years ago when it was first released and I thought it was bad, but I don't remember it being THIS bad!

I'll be on the road for several hours later this week and I'll see if I can get through the 2nd half of the album, but I don't have any good vibes based on the first 5.5 songs.

:puke:
Chinese Democracy is only good for being a frisbee and it is not even deserving of being a burnt CD. St Anger for all its faults at least had context and purpose behind why it was like it is but this one was an album for the mere sake of it at least from how it sounds.

Starchild

Little Dreamer
Reaction score
When I heard that Judas Priest were touring without Glenn and KK, it reminded me a lot of G'n'R's Chinese Democracy era.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Difference being Priest proved they can still make good music. Axl failed in that area.

RadRobX

What the **** did I post now?
Reaction score
You all are killing me here.

Jess is finer than Frog Hair,,.,,.,,.<--fine frog hair

You want actual GnR.

It's been done over and over and over and........

I'll give it a Shot.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
H
I think that it'd be better served for target practice:

7a-3f7a8d65e749_1.9b175f2cb79132070cecb402ee08f85b.jpg
I suppose having Guns on the Chinese Democracy album is appropriate as it symbolises shooting themselves in the foot for thinking that was a good idea.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online