Guns N' Roses (Official Thread)

Beady Eye

Reaction score
**** Buckethead.

He plays like a cold calculated robot and Slash plays with a bit of soul/passion.
The guitar sucked in Slash's absence; it went from bad to worse; Buckethead to DJ Ashba.
Slash is artistic, Buckethead and others (Satriani, Dragon Force)..; are autistic.

Not sure if you understood correctly what I was trying to say:
Slash is not the most technically apt guitar player. He is a master in creating simple, memorable riffs and solos. As a studio musician he would suck because he's just not a great technical guitar player.

Buckethead is a phenomenal technical player, but utterly unable to compose memorable tunes. His total studio album length is 142+ hours...
He did have some neat solos on Chinese Democracy (Better, Chinese Democracy, There was a Time...), but nothing half as memorable as Slash's.
Buckethead is an assembly line robot, but a much better technician than Slash. I doubt that you will find too many people arguing with that. You being a fellow guitar player should know what I mean.

PS: Yes, the guitars sucked in Slash's absence due to the lack of creativity. It is more to blame on the absence of Izzy though. Name one song that Axl and Slash put together after Izzy left the band in 1991. After all Axl and Slash had until 1996 to come up with a single song. Izzy's replacements Gilby Clarke and later Paul Tobias and the others were useless.

Last edited:

treborillusion

Reaction score
IDK, Slash wrote stuff for Guns N' Roses that ended up being used by Lenny Kravitz and Slash's Snakepit.
Though You Could Be Mine is a classic example of Izzy and Slash guitar magic.

hairmetalmusic.com

www.hairmetalmusic.com
Reaction score
I just wish these guys would start releasing new music.
25 years and only one album of original material? It's ridiculous.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online