Gregg Allman's new liver

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
It seems a little odd to me that just because a person is famous, they're allowed to receive spare parts before people who DIDN'T destroy their organs, and actually have diseases that have been battled, and are ready to turn over a new leaf.

I mean it's nice that he gets to survive, but someone else could have used it.

Not all celebs go to the head of the line. Walter Payton died after having waited a while for a donated organ and by the time he may have been able to get one, he was too far gone for what they figured could be a successful transplant.

Just saying. I know what you are talking about though and I agree. Adoption is another area where celebs seem to bump ahead of everyone on the list.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Not all celebs go to the head of the line. Walter Payton died after having waited a while for a donated organ and by the time he may have been able to get one, he was too far gone for what they figured could be a successful transplant.

Just saying. I know what you are talking about though and I agree. Adoption is another area where celebs seem to bump ahead of everyone on the list.

Once again, I don't know where you all got the idea that Greg went to the head of the line. He was sick for three years. He has a form of hepatitis C that could be eradicated by a healthy new liver. Hepatitis is the leading reason people get liver transplants in the United States.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online