Gone Solo!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
This is a thread for the artist that were once in a band of at least moderate success and either went solo as a career or a side project! I'll give perhaps some perhaps lesser known ones and leave certain ones for you to fill in!

J.R. Richards (Vocalist for Dishwalla)
9378f8c2-c31c-11de-960e-001cc4c002e0.preview-300.jpg

I never thought I'd be hearing more from Dishwalla after their hit single came out.

Counting Blue Cars

The band had one hit wonder written all over it with a catchy song that honestly had a bland filler c.d. with poor songwriting IMO. I was pretty much write about the hits but their following releases were far better in quality and fans and music critics really noticed. In these releases Dishwalla built a solid fan base. In the context of the better songs you really hear how J.R. Richards has one of the best voices in melodic rock. It's an instrument with great tone. These two gorgeous Dishwalla songs are perfect examples.

Until I Wake Up

Candleburn
(chills)

This loyal fanbase has followed J.R. Richards all the way to his independent release of his solo c.d.:

A Beautiful End
JRcover.jpg

This album is song for song brilliant in melody and as smooth and flawless as J.R.s vocals. Just like their is not a single scratch in his vocals there is not a single moments where something does not belong. Excellent production for an independent, like attention was paid to every detail. The lyrics are filled with imagery and take the familiar into fantastical territories.

My highlights:

Far End of the Black

Ghost of Sorrow

June Becomes July

You're The Only Way Home

Bonus:
Until I Wake Up
(stripped down acoustic version of this Dishwalla song not on his album)

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
I'll supply 2 examples here:
Sting who went solo after the Police adventure (very successful adventure!!), went solo and SLUMPED into oblivion big time!!:)
Robert Plant who went solo from Zep and went wimpy till he teamed up with Alison Krauss and went better than his silly solo stuff (thanx to AK!!!).

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Jimmy Barnes has more solo albums than he does with Cold Chisel, and here be his signature song:

Jimi Jamison is another who has had a fruitful career outside of his band, Survivor.

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
i'll post this one first because his album is amazing and probably won't get any mentions

Albert Hammond Jr.
tumblr_kvg68pK75J1qau8v7.jpg

of The Strokes
01%20strokes.jpg

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Here is a goodie! Joe Walsh formerly of The James Gang, Barnstorm, and The Eagles.

He has a very extensive solo career, just take your pick, most of his albums are great.

from the But Seriously, Folks album

from the There Goes the Neighborhood album

Joe with Barnstorm

Joe with the James Gang sorry couldn't find any live vids :(

Joe with Eagles

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online