Glenn Frey has died

Fever

Reaction score
Glenn Frey of the Eagles has died at 67 due to complications from rheumatoid arthritis,acute ulcerative colitis and pneumonia

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
Yep. I've been trying to get to the bottom of this for the last hour, as some websites were saying it's a hoax. But, sadly it's true. When will the shocks end? R.I.P. Glenn.
Eagles guitarist Glenn Frey has died at the age of 67, the band has announced.
He died in New York City on Monday from complications arising from rheumatoid arthritis, colitis and pneumonia.
"Words can neither describe our sorrow, nor our love and respect for all that he has given to us," his family and fellow band members said.
The Eagles were one of the most successful bands of the 1970s, with multiple hit singles including Hotel California, in 1976.
Frey co-founded the Eagles in 1971 with Don Henley, Bernie Leadon and Randy Meisner.
He co-wrote Hotel California with Henley, and composed a number of the band's biggest songs on his own, including Heartache Tonight and Lyin' Eyes.
The Eagles notched up more than 150 million album sales worldwide, with Hotel California and their greatest hits among the best selling in history.
After the Eagles split, Frey enjoyed success as a solo artist, most notably with The Heat is On, recorded for the 1984 film Beverly Hills Cop.
The band reunited in 1994 and became a hugely popular touring act.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
This saddens me very much. RIP Glenn and thanks for the music.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This one really hits hard!! RIP Glenn and thanks for everything.

"The people you meet,they all seem to know you."

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ew.com

Eagles' founding member Glenn Frey dies at 67

Glenn Frey, founding member and guitarist for seminal American rock band the Eagles has died at the age of 67. Fellow founding member of the group Don Henley issued a statement following the news, in which he called Frey “the one who started it all.”

Henley praised his fellow musician’s work ethic, “encyclopedic” knowledge of music, and devotion to his family. Read Henley’s moving and profound statement below:

“He was like a brother to me; we were family, and like most families, there was some dysfunction. But, the bond we forged 45 years ago was never broken, even during the 14 years that the Eagles were dissolved. We were two young men who made the pilgrimage to Los Angeles with the same dream: to make our mark in the music industry — and with perseverance, a deep love of music, our alliance with other great musicians and our manager, Irving Azoff, we built something that has lasted longer than anyone could have dreamed.

“But, Glenn was the one who started it all. He was the spark plug, the man with the plan. He had an encyclopedic knowledge of popular music and a work ethic that wouldn’t quit. He was funny, bullheaded, mercurial, generous, deeply talented and driven. He loved his wife and kids more than anything.

“We are all in a state of shock, disbelief and profound sorrow. We brought our two-year ‘History of the Eagles Tour’ to a triumphant close at the end of July and now he is gone. I’m not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life.

“Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some.”

mrJim

Reaction score
RIP Glenn. So sorry to hear.

We used to say these things come in 3's. Lets hope its over for a while.

Jim

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
12573741_10153837509575883_5890462800130319086_n.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members