Gentlemans Pistols (Official Thread)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
GP_Badge_5.jpg

Gentlemans-Pistols-01-565x375.jpg

Official Website
Gentlemans Pistols on Wikipedia

Gentlemans Pistols were formed in 2003 as a three-piece by singer / guitarist James Atkinson (formerly of UK hardcore group Voorhees), bassist Douglas McLaughlan and drummer Simon Mawson, although this line-up played only one gig before the replacement of Simon Mawson by Adam Clarke in 2004. They are now a four piece after Chris Rogers joined on Guitar.

They recorded a 7" single "Just A Fraction" in 2006 for the Art Goes Pop label, which was followed by a further 7" "The Lady" for Rise Above Records later that same year. This was followed by their self-titled debut album in August 2007, also on Rise Above Records. The disc was distributed in Japan via Leaf Hound Records, containing the bonus track "Comatose".

Shortly before the release of the debut album, drummer Adam Clarke announced his departure from the group. He was replaced by Stuart Dobbins, formerly of Leeds zombiecore group "Send More Paramedics". In June 2009 guitarist Chris Rogers announced his departure from the band. He then was replaced by Bill Steer of Carcass and Firebird fame.

Their second album "At Her Majesty's Pleasure" was released in 2011 and they have played a number of festivals this year.

Albums

Gentlemans Pistols (2007)
At Her Majesty’s Pleasure (2011)

Check out these tunes....

Last edited by a moderator:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Re: Gentlemans Pistols

This band should be going places, you will be hearing a lot about these thus and next year, watch this space...

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

I like the sound of this band Sweat and if they come within striking range I'm off to see them .. nice one.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

I like their classic 70s rock influence.One of the songs sounded like it was going into "radar love".....lol....even a bit of a BUDGIE feel to one of the riffs. Thats a compliment not a criticism.........Gentlemans Pistols.....good band Cap"t

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Gentlemans Pistols were on the bill on CATHEDRALs final show in London . I was impressed with them. they look and sound like a US 70s outfit...MC5 would be a good compliment..............and they are from Leeds UK ok:think:
A band to look out for..

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Sox picked up 'At Her Majesty's Pleasure' the other day and have to say it's a cracking album :grinthumb Imagine this band would be great live!

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I drove over to Manchester with Sweaty to catch this band support Pentagram. Gentlemans Pistols were absolutely brilliant, this band along with Graveyard who I caught earlier in the year have blown me away completely. Good HARD ROCKING from start to finish, a monster of a performance in my book .... 10/10 no joke. And a T-shirt for £6, now that's jazz.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online