Genesis (Official Thread)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Another from my vinyl stash and playing surprisingly well given I bought the album nearly 30 years ago.

41GNSFJ99NL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've had a really long lay off from listening to this band but started again just recently. The early vibe they had is great.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Another from my vinyl stash and playing surprisingly well given I bought the album nearly 30 years ago.

41GNSFJ99NL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've had a really long lay off from listening to this band but started again just recently. The early vibe they had is great.

Great album Sox!! :bow:

You can hear moments in this record that surely inspired Steve Harris from Maiden , who was a huge fan of the band!!

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I never bought a Genesis album after 'Duke' - and I didn't like that much either. They then for me ceased to be a rock band and became a pop group...I've nothing against 'pop' groups, like quite a lot of them, but my expectations of Genesis was much higher than for most other 70's bands after all the classic albums they made. Peter Gabriel continues to be so much more interesting musically than they did, plus they came across to me like Phil Collins's backing band after that, and he really turned into a soul singer, so it all got a bit weird for me. But everything up to 'Duke' was fan bloody tastic!

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I went with Selling England by The Pound album. Very nice album Ill say. Dancing with the Moonlit Knight was a great opener. Battle of Epping Forest and More Fool Me were great tunes as well.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online