Genesis (Official Thread)

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Lamb is my favorite album of all time. :)
Albums 2 thru w & w are all classics. After that they were still a good band but not like those days

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I will have to agree there AK. I love all of Genesis' later work, but prefer the early material more.

jtrichey13

Hall of Fame Guru
Reaction score
Genesis is now eligible for nominations for the forum's rock hall of fame over in the ROck Lounge. Come on over and lend your support!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Peter Gabriel To Release ‘Live in Athens 1987′ DVD

Peter-Gabriel-Eagle-Rock-Entertainment.jpg

Source Link

On Sept. 17, Peter Gabriel will release ‘Live in Athens 1987,’ a film that documents his three-night stand at the open-air theatre atop Mount Lycabettus in the Greek capital. The set will be available on DVD, Blu-ray and digital video formats.

Although ‘Live in Athens 1987′ has been available on VHS and a DVD was included in the ‘So’ 25th anniversary edition that was released last year, this new set marks the first time the opening set by Senegalese star Youssou N’Dour has seen the light of day. N’Dour is best known as the singer heard at the end of Gabriel’s ‘In Your Eyes.’

Brave Words is reporting that ‘Live in Athens 1987′ was directed by Michael Chapman, with Martin Scorcese as the executive producer. Gabriel composed the score for Scorcese’s controversial 1988 film, ‘The Last Temptation of Christ.”

Included with ‘Live in Athens’ is a second disc containing ‘Play,’ a 2004 compilation of 23 of his videos. This includes such groundbreaking clips as ‘Shock the Monkey,’ ‘Sledgehammer’ and ‘Digging in the Dirt.’

‘Live in Athens 1987′ Tracklisting

Disc 1: ‘Live In Athens 1987′

‘This Is the Picture’
‘San Jacinto’
‘Shock the Monkey’
‘Family Snapshot’
‘Intruder’
‘Games Without Frontiers’
‘No Self Control’
‘Mercy Street’
‘The Family and the Fishing Net’
‘Don’t Give Up’
‘Solsbury Hill’
‘Lay Your Hands on Me’
‘Sledgehammer’
‘Here Comes the Flood’
‘In Your Eyes’
‘Biko’
‘Quiet & Alone’

Disc 2: ‘Play’

‘Father, Son’
‘Sledgehammer’
‘Blood of Eden’
‘Games Without Frontiers’
‘I Don’t Remember’
‘Big Time’
‘Lovetown’
‘Red Rain’
‘In Your Eyes’
‘Don’t Give Up’
‘The Barry Williams Show’
‘Washing of the Water’
‘Biko’
‘Kiss that Frog’
‘Mercy Street’
‘Growing Up’
‘Shaking the Tree’
‘Shock the Monkey’
‘Steam’
‘The Drop’
‘Zaar’
‘Solsbury Hill’
‘Digging in the Dirt’

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Genesis Reunion Unlikely Says Guitarist Steve Hackett

:uh:

Genesis.jpg

Source Link

There’s nothing stopping a full Genesis reunion, but guitarist Steve Hackett calls the prospect “improbable.” The group still gets along and members bump into each other from time to time, but eventually talks of getting back together fizzle.

“Every now and again there’s an approach, and then I find myself saying yes and finding it doesn’t really go anywhere,” Hackett told Billboard. “I think it would be wonderful, extraordinary, but you’ve got to get everyone to say yes … or at least two guys to say ‘yes’ and hope that everyone else will follow.”

This echoes what Peter Gabriel told Rolling Stone two years ago, and what other band members have hinted at since the group was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2010 without performing. Phil Collins is still unofficially retired. Tony Banks and Mike Rutherford are the other members of the classic lineup.

Hackett, who performs as part of Genesis Revisited, said he still enjoys the music. “The songs have been very good to me,” he said. “They’ve been constant companions, and I really do love them and I’m very, very proud of them and it feels wonderful to be able to play a few notes of something and instantly it’s recognized.”

In October 2012, he released ‘Genesis Revisited II‘; the ‘Genesis Revisited: Live at Hammersmith’ CD and DVD is planned for Oct. 29. Hackett is also touring through mid-October with Genesis Revisited. After Gabriel left the band in 1975, the closest the members have come to a reunion was in 1999, when they recorded a new version of ‘The Carpet Crawlers’ for a hits compilation.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Collins is suffering from acute 'tinnitus' from what I understand and doesn't want to play music at all anymore. Without him in the mix you'd have to ask Gabriel if he wanted to take the stage and I don't see him agreeing to do that anytime soon. He's happy with his own career and even a "One Of" Genesis concert might not motivate him to sing the old songs with his ex-bandmates again.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Would be cool to hear what they might do with stuff like The Music Box or Hogweed but that is asking far far too much.

Even The Lamb would be neat if for nothing else to see if there is any spark left.

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
Nursery Cryme (1971)
Foxtrot (1972)
Selling England by the Pound (1973)
i like these.do i need to explore futher.i dont like the phillc era.my next door neighbour loves pcs drum work.staes he is underrated

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Nursery Cryme (1971)
Foxtrot (1972)
i like these.do i need to explore futher.i dont like the phillc era.my next door neighbour loves pcs drum work.staes he is underrated

I've always respected Phil as a drummer, there is no doubt he is one of the best rock drummers of his time.

As far as Old Genesis albums go, you should listen to "Lamb Lies Down On Broadway", took me a few spins to really 'get it', but I love that album now, essential for any early Genesis collection 2LT.

thejesu

Ultraviolet
Reaction score
Nursery Cryme (1971)
Foxtrot (1972)

Please, go with The lamb lies down on broadway.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebDimond

Members online

No members online now.