Genesis (Official Thread)

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Re: Genesis

Both great songs MP! My favourites from their respective albums! :cheers2 One For The Vine is just a showcase of Tony Banks' songwriting mastery :)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

^^ Thanks Sal..yeah I thought I would start showcasing some of my other faves, and let others interested in Genesis hear some more cool stuff. :grinthumb

scalli

Banned
Reaction score

I first got into Genesis in the early 80's with the release of their self titled album. I was driving my van back from a rock club late one Friday night, load of mates asleep in the back when I put it on. One of my mates who was awake said "here, if you like Genesis put this on" and he pulled a C90 cassette out of his pocket.

What he gave me was a copy of Lamb lies down on Broadway, I played that cassette to death and went out and bought the whole back catalogue. Yeah, I am a big fan, though have to disagree with the comment that Collins is better as a solo artist, his first two solo albums weren't bad but not a patch on Genesis

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^That's a great way to discover a band Scalli.

I had not paid much attention to Genesis for a long time, until Sal arrived in the forum and kick started my interest in them again. I enjoy them more now than when I was a teenager.:hab:

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score

I grew up on Genesis... well the Collins era Genesis. In fact when I was younger, I had no idea that Peter Gabriel was the original frontman of the band.

It was my brother and my uncle that introduced me to the early prog era Genesis. My first song was Lamb Lies Down on Broadway and it stuck to me. Although I have to say that Watcher of the Skies is hands down my favorite Genesis song. I've listened to that song numerous times and I never get sick of it. One of the greatest introductions in the history of music!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I grew up on Genesis... well the Collins era Genesis. In fact when I was younger, I had no idea that Peter Gabriel was the original frontman of the band.

It was my brother and my uncle that introduced me to the early prog era Genesis. My first song was Lamb Lies Down on Broadway and it stuck to me. Although I have to say that Watcher of the Skies is hands down my favorite Genesis song. I've listened to that song numerous times and I never get sick of it. One of the greatest introductions in the history of music!

Nice :grinthumb :cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online

No members online now.