Gene Simmons to Hacker Group -- KISS Off

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
Hacking is illegal Magic. If you are given permision to do so then no, but if not then yes.

These guys have done it before and have not been prosecuted. They are more intelligent then people will give them credit for. They use server proxies and many IP relays. (I am pretty sure they would use one that relays the IP every 30 seconds which makes it impossible to find them.) So I highly doubt Gene has anything on them nor will he find out who they are.

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score
Gene should just back off.

These are the people who started a huge rally against Scientology, have gotten onto Fox (and other) news several times, evacuated entire stadiums, and got into Sarah Palin's email. He's fighting a losing battle.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hacking is illegal Magic. If you are given permision to do so then no, but if not then yes.

These guys have done it before and have not been prosecuted. They are more intelligent then people will give them credit for. They use server proxies and many IP relays. (I am pretty sure they would use one that relays the IP every 30 seconds which makes it impossible to find them.) So I highly doubt Gene has anything on them nor will he find out who they are.

I am curious, CN, if hacking is illegal then why are there websites dedicated to hackers and why does youtube allow the tutorial videos to remain posted?

There are numerous websites:

Hacker's Lair
Crack'n Hack
Hackblock
FunHack
Hungry-Hackers

and even a site where you can practice hacking called Hackthissite

And a blog search brings up oodles of blogs run by hackers for hackers. And of course there are proxy servers, spoofing proxies, and software to hide you from even your own ISP.

I just dont understand it all, I guess. I am not that proficient at coding, but anyone who learns coding can probably hack easily :****:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I think there is a priority system in place, if you hack a sensitive government agency or bank or a database with peoples personal information the authorities will use all their resources to try and catch you.

If it's a recreational site or a band site like KISS for example I am sure it's not high on the priority list. The scary part about hacking is not the kids at 4 channel so much but the really serious ones in China and Russia, they are working for their governments with the intent to be able to destabilize our countries if necessary. The US government is just as likely to Hire a top level hacker to work for them instead of putting them in jail anyway...:bonk:

:D

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score
I am curious, CN, if hacking is illegal then why are there websites dedicated to hackers and why does youtube allow the tutorial videos to remain posted?

There are numerous websites:

Hacker's Lair
Crack'n Hack
Hackblock
FunHack
Hungry-Hackers

and even a site where you can practice hacking called Hackthissite

And a blog search brings up oodles of blogs run by hackers for hackers. And of course there are proxy servers, spoofing proxies, and software to hide you from even your own ISP.

I just dont understand it all, I guess. I am not that proficient at coding, but anyone who learns coding can probably hack easily :****:

The same reason there are several illegal pirating services avaliable (Vuze, Demonoid, The Pirate Bay, watch-movies.net (and its 50 variations), etc etc)

LXA

Old Noob
Reaction score
The same reason there are several illegal pirating services avaliable (Vuze, Demonoid, The Pirate Bay, watch-movies.net (and its 50 variations), etc etc)

And also because the youtube videos explaining how to do it aren't very accurate. They're mostly like this.
"If U WNATS 2 HAK SUM1 SEND UR PSSWORD AND USRNAME TO "[email protected]" and UR VICTIMS USRNAME."

Spankymadoo

Reaction score
I'm amused that some people on here are referring to Gene as a "Greedy Moron". Seems to me he is exactly the opposite. He's worked for decades to get to the point he's at now. The only reason he's got anything (including his fame and fortune) is because he earned it. I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but let's face it, the man took something that he enjoyed doing and found a way to make a very good living while doing it. Isn't that the "American Dream". He (and the rest of KISS) found a formula that worked and they milked it for every penny they could get. That's the way it's supposed to be. If people didn't like what he was (or is) selling, they wouldn't be buying it. I'm sorry, but Gene has a right to fight for and protect what he's earned in his lifetime. If you worked your whole life to buy that Jaguar and somebody stole it from you, you'd want the thief caught and prosecuted. That's what he's looking for here.
Remember, Gene was brought up to believe that you had to work hard to succeed in life. Guess what, he succeeded, and now he's gotta deal with a freeloading society that expects the rich to give them everything they want. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

LXA

Old Noob
Reaction score
He's already filthy rich. People downloading music isn't going to take anything away from him. Its just preventing him from getting even MORE FILTHY RICH.

And I'm going to say this now, I have never downloaded any of K.I.S.S.'s music illegally. But thats only because it wasn't worth the effort to go and find, click, download and open up in iTunes.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Staff online

Members online