Gene Simmons to Hacker Group -- KISS Off

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I highly doubt a 10 year old would be able to hack a computer website and shut it down. Lets be realistic here. There are better ways to go about stating and opinion then like a 10 year old like Gene did. He does act like a child and still will until he dies.

:wtf:

Sure...but feldster didn't say it was a 10 year old...he said "acting" like a 10 year old.
To me the only message that was sent out in the two days Simmons' site was down was this....

Tantrum.gif Tantrum.gif

A press conference or any type of public couterpoint/address, would have been more beneficial. :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
No, a ten-year old wouldn't be able to do that. I was using that metaphorically.

If he has an opinion, he has to right to say it. Yes, he does push it rather hard, but hey, he has a right to do that without being attacked by these idiots.

Anyway, I'm done here, I think I've made my point heard and it's not going to do much good repeating the same stuff over and over.

Yes you did man...and sooo true!

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
:wtf:

Sure...feldster didn't say it was a 10 year old...he said "acting" like a 10 year old. :grinthumb

To me the only message that was sent out in the two days Simmons' site was down was this....

Tantrum.gif Tantrum.gif

A press conference or couterpoint would have been more beneficial. :grinthumb

Again a 10 year old would not be able to hack a website and shut it down. So using that as a metaphor is not the most intelligent thing to do.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Again a 10 year old would not be able to hack a website and shut it down. So using that as a metaphor is not the most intelligent thing to do.

Look, I know I've already said I'm finished with this thread, but I'll just spell this bit out for you.

The metaphor was that the way the hackers are reacting the Gene's comments is akin to the way a 10 yr old child reacts to the cancellation of the Christmas holiday.

Sure, Gene's comments may not be what these hackers want to hear, in the same way a 10 yr old child wouldn't want to hear that Santa won't be coming down the chimney this year, but both the hackers and this metaphorical 10 yr old child are/would be severely overreacting in the grand scheme of things.

That's the metaphor. It's one that makes sense and is actually used quite commonly, at least out this way.

So please, just refrain from questioning my intelligence on a small comment which you've taken out of context.

Thanks. :cheers2

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IMHO, what this all boils down to is whether you feel internet vigilantism such as hacking is acceptable behavior.

Personally, I think any form of hacking is criminal but evidently there are no set laws yet to govern these activities on the net. Is hacking illegal?

But if hacking is so criminal why is there "tutorial" videos on youtube? there are a ton of vids telling you how to hack websites, facebook, myspace..yadda yadda.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Black and white to me, hacking is the electronic equivalent of breaking and entering into someone's place...if it's not illegal or they are struggling to "classify" it and come up with a suitable punishment then they should get off their asses and do something about it.

The authorities are using the Pony Express while the kids today are using faster than light travel, until they get people that know what they are doing to get a handle on this, episodes of hacking will continue to go on.

I just don't hold with any of this behavior and never will...:nw:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I dont think there is a law classification for "hacking". It is the other equivalents that have laws.......like identity theft. But if Gene can prove damages, then I pitty these guys that hacked his site. They will prosecute them and make examples out of them.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I think Magic that their are specific laws in place for this kind of activity. If you ever log into a sensitive government site and do some mischief they will definitely be knocking on your door. Perhaps they don't enforce the regulations with as much vigor for just ordinary sites like Gene's...:think:

If they told me tomorrow they are closing down every ISP worldwide and restarting them with specific modifications to keep people honest and from doing "Questionable" things online, I wouldn't have any problem with that. After all what most of us think of as "Freedom" is just an illusion anyway, there are so many responsibilities each of us has to be a member of society and being free has so many limitations attached to it in the world we live in as to render the term almost meaningless.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online