Gary Moore (Official Thread)

Shaz

Reaction score
Re: Gary Moore

A few weeks ago...the Grammys paid a glowing tribute to Whitney Houston...all well and good ...and in the following tribute to the deceased music greats that followed Gary Moore was awarded 5 seconds of airtime.....the air was blue in this household...

Anyways...

On September 30 2012... this old Englishman will marry his sweetheart the beautiful Kara Sue... before we met Kara had never heard of Gary Moore...at the wedding reception the bride and groom will dance to this ....Kara choose it :)

Know what you mean PJC. Not to take anything away from Whitney but the death of Gary Moore made a far greater impact on me.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

blabbermouth.net

GLENN HUGHES Remembers GARY MOORE - Mar. 10, 2012
In a recent interview with GuitarWorld.com, legendary vocalist/bassist Glenn Hughes (BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION, DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH) was asked about his memories of the late guitarist Gary Moore.

"Gary and I became very good friends in 1980," Glenn replied. "He left a THIN LIZZY tour midway through. He just disappeared — but he actually disappeared to my house. He couldn't take playing in a band anymore, and he had this tendency to just jump ship. I remember Phil Lynott calling my house and saying, 'If you've got him over there, I'm gonna slit your throat.' The idea of someone slitting my throat didn't make me happy.

"Gary and I formed this little combo called G FORCE. As soon as it started, I was out of it because I was too drunk. But we were still great friends in the early '80s, and I joined him to do an album called 'Run For Cover'. But I was drunk again, and it wasn't the appropriate time to work with Gary because he was against all druggy behavior at the time.

"I want to point out to your readers that Gary Moore was the most ferocious, innovative guitar player ever. His melodies were off the charts. He was a great friend, and we made our pact toward the end of his life, becoming friends again. My mom was listening to a piece of music on the radio last week. When the radio announcer said who it was, she said, 'Yes, it was Gary Moore. He was fantastic.' My mom is 84, she loves his playing."

According to The Telegraph, Gary Moore suffered a heart attack brought on by a massive amount of alcohol he consumed prior to being found dead in bed at a luxury Costa del Sol hotel in February 2011.

Moore had 380 mg of alcohol per deciliter of blood in his system, enough to put himself nearly five times over the the legal limit for drunk driving, tests have shown. That amount was just short of the 416 mg pop singer Amy Winehouse had in her body when she died surrounded by three empty vodka bottles.

PJC

Reaction score
Once of Wigan (UK)...now Peoria Heights Illinois

OK...so he liked a drink or two...he was Irish after all

Having moved to the USA a number of years ago it was amazing to find out how many people had never heard of Gary Moore or Rory Gallagher.... I gave some cd's to a work mate (know as 70's Dave) having listened to them his answer was ...."why have I been wasting my time listening to Stevie Ray Vaughan".....nuff said :)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
There were many threads that were old and ones that were lost in the shuffle within' the forum. I've done a bit of merging for the Gary Moore fans.

Hope you enjoy and will continue to keep his music and spirit alive.

PEACE!! :grinthumb

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

Gary Moore

gary_moore01-1.jpg

April 4, 1952 / February 6, 2011

This concert is from July 2010 and it was the last filmed performance of Gary Moore before his untimely death in February 2011.

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score
One of my favourite Guitar players ever. Here's Gary Moore playing Red House. He tears it up on this performance. May he R.I.P.

E-Z

Reaction score
Probably get some flack for this but i always thought Gary was boring beyond hell and whoever pushed him into playing straight blues wants there a**e kicking!!.

Sure Gary could play, his rock stuff was ok but he was just plain boring playing that blues rubbish and he couldn't sing to save his life, how the hell Jeff Beck once said that Gary could sing as well as play guitar is beyond me??.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online