Gary Lewis & the Playboys (Official Thread)

troggy

aka Billy Bubba
Reaction score
Re: Gary Lewis & the Playboys

troggy wrote:

Best songs:

"Little Miss Go-Go"
"Doin' The Flake"

YouTube?? :D

Here's "Little Miss Go-Go":

And here's "Doin' The Flake"

Last edited by a moderator:

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

I prefer any of their big hits to those two "surf rock" tunes. Not that I'm opposed to surf rock. It's just that the Beach Boys, Jan & Dean and the Everly Brothers do it a lot better.

:whistle:

troggy

aka Billy Bubba
Reaction score

I prefer any of their big hits to those two "surf rock" tunes. Not that I'm opposed to surf rock. It's just that the Beach Boys, Jan & Dean and the Everly Brothers do it a lot better.

:whistle:

I would agree that others do it better but I prefer the more rock and roll sound of these two songs to their poppy hits. The guitar break alone in "Doin' The Flake" lifts it over and above their hits. I also love the organ sound in "Little Miss Go-Go".

rtbuck

Reaction score

The blonde guy with the shades is guitarist Billy Sullivan. He's been playing with the Playboys off & on since the 80's. I just seen him last night playing in Herman's Hermits. He tours with all kinds of 60's icons & he even tours with the Raspberries. He's really a phenomenal guitarist. I've been a fan of his since 1980 when I started going to the clubs to see the Paul Pope Band from Cleveland

Vic2010

Reaction score

Yeah I remember 'em. We had a bunch of their singles back in the day. "This Diamond Ring" was a big fave, along with all the other radio hits they had.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebDimond

Staff online

Members online