Foster The People (Official Thread)

sco703

Reaction score
I also am not really a fan of the pumped up kicks song. When I first heard it I thought it was alright, but then after multiple listens I just realized it wasn't all that unique or special. Didn't really do much for me.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I can see why these guys wouldn't be everyones cup of tea but I really enjoy Waste and it stood out for me on the album with its infectious beat! :grinthumb

P.S. Even my mom likes Pumped Up Kicks. :D

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I can see why these guys wouldn't be everyones cup of tea but I really enjoy Waste and it stood out for me on the album with its infectious beat! :grinthumb

P.S. Even my mom likes Pumped Up Kicks. :D

That was a cool track Jen! My friend bought the album because Best Buy is doing a special weekly where a different new album is featured every week for 5 bucks! :D Anyway, my friend said there's a lot of cool tracks that are cool and better than "Pumped Up Kicks". I just love how that song is so poppy but really about something so dark. I had to laugh when my Mom figured out what it was about. :heheh:

ninjarawker

Reaction score
Not my favourite type of music, and I don't get why some consider these guys rock and why some rock stations play them, but I'll admit Torches is a hit at all the house parties I attend.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
There is definitely a broadening definition of rock, especially here in the past 20 years. It's a constantly changing thing IMO and I don't mind bands like this one being included under that umbrella. :grinthumb

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Gonna give this thread a :bump:! Pumped Up Kicks was getting a little tired and their newish single is pretty entertaining, as well as the video. I love that Gabourney Sidibe is in it. :D

Don't Stop (Color On The Walls)

These guys are trendy! Hope they can keep up the momentum.

Blackbird

Reaction score
Its not really fair to judge Foster the People on the song Pumped Up Kicks because there whole album is so different and catchy, compared to todays crappy music this album is actually huge. Im not a fan of mainstream but the song Don't Stop is also a great song. Sometimes i think a new era of rock is forming and foster the people are partly responsible, examples of this are of course pumped up kicks, (foster the people in general) and something like Fun- We are young

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
If FTP is partially responsible for a new era in the genre it will definitely be a beat-driven, poppy one. But I do agree with you that all too often a band is defined by their bigger "hits" and I do love Torches. It's a very fun and upbeat album however music junkies who adhere to a stricter definition of "rock music" will have none of it, and I can't see very many fans of the 60's/70's stuff being too much into bands like these. :)

Oh, and we have a thread for Fun., created by our new music master Soot and Stars. Check it out.

http://www.classicrockforums.com/forum/f51/fun-band-lives-up-title-19716/

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online