Foster The People (Official Thread)

ANF

Reaction score
01-foster-the-people.jpg

http://www.fosterthepeople.com/us/home
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foster_the_People

Discography:

Torches: 2011

My current obsession. "Pumped Up Kicks" is easily my favorite song of 2011 to get actual radio airplay, and the entire album (Torches) is just as strong.

71ZFtKXW%2B%2BL._AA300_.jpg

ANF

Reaction score
Re: The official Foster The People thread

Last edited:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Hey ANF, I meant to post in this the same day you made it but it slipped my mind and I remembered it now. I like these guys! The cool thing about "Pumped Up Kicks" is it's got that bass sound that's just so infectious anyone who appreciates music can appreciate how infectious it i. My friend who plays in a band that covers Alice In Chains and Black Sabbath had this catch his ear and had his band learn it because he ended up really liking it. Just shows a good song is a good song. The second song reminds me a little of the Scissor Sisters in parts! I like it! :grinthumb Overall, a good fun group! :cheers2

limpy

Penguin Power
Reaction score

Hey I'm diggin that last song "Houdini" (Live in Solana Beach)! and Helena Beat! The thing I like about these guys is their vocals and style! With the first song "Pumped Up Kicks" The start with the intro and his voice, I could help but think of the The Gorillaz-Feel Good Inc. Don't ask why, but the style of it just reminded me of them. But it's funny after listening to the second and third song, I started enjoying the first song! Good band! :D

irocktheshot

Reaction score
Whole album is great. They are even better live. I've seen about 50 bands over the past year and these guys are tops.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Just exposed to these guys on a award show.. They played pumped up kicks..
Will dabble a bit more..

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I normally don't stop by a thread just to say something negative but I absolutely cannot stand that "Pumped Up Kicks" song. To me it's nothing but a painfully neutral song. I got "Helena Beat" on a SPIN spampler a little ways back and I think it's better but I'm still largely unimpressed. I can pick up on the attributes that they have that are making them one of the biggest new bands out there right now...but I'm not into them.

wormwood

Reaction score
They are good, surprisingly so. The first FTP song I heard was "Waste," and it's still my favorite.

bensommer

Reaction score
Agreed - solid song, but man the video is kinda lame. The rest of the album is growing on me, too

For the brave-hearted: here's a prog-metal cover I did

Last edited:

prog-head

Banned
Reaction score
@Cosmic Harmony - I'm with you, the worst of LA, soul-devoid indie pop.

@bensommer - now that's some PROG!!!!

srsly - what kind of chords are those?

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online