Forgotten Classics

E-Z

Reaction score
Ruby Starr?. She looked interesting?. When it comes to Black Oak Arkansas nothing is ever seen of any of their albums for years in England even in the few record shops that are still around which is frustrating for me because they are a rock band that I have been wanting to listen to for ages plus their was Tommy Aldridge on drums who went on to play with Pat Travers and many other rock outfits over the last 40 plus years.

I did see a Jim Dandy 'best of' compilation cd about 2 years ago in HMV in central London but I didn't buy it although on reflection maybe I should have done but really I wanted the bands albums and not just a 'best of' cd of Jim Dandy's material?.

Maybe Black Oak Arkansas were one of those rock bands that were popular in the USA or parts of it but never meant nothing in Europe??.

Last edited:

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Alan Bown..and The Alan Bown Set got filed along with Weather Report..or were tagged as the poor man's Chicago..some damn fine albums..Listen and Stretching Out - would appeal to many on here..
Alan Bown - All Along The Watchtower.

Reactions: E-Z

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Members online