Forgotten Bands of the Sixties

aerozep3207

Reaction score
A great band............Count Five,they're responsible for one of the greatest rock songs ever Psychotic Reaction......they're first album was awesome as well..then nothing..........

keep those model subway trains running - watch the closing doors:bow:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Embedding was disabled so I replaced the vid for you Khor, and in the process gave that song a listen. Awesome stuff! I may have to check Canned Heat out more in depth now. :grinthumb

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Spanky and Our Gang was an American folk-rock band led by singer Elaine 'Spanky' McFarlane. The band derives part of its name from Hal Roach's Our Gang comedies of the 1930s (also known as The Little Rascals). The group were known for their vocal harmonies and Elaine McFarlane stood in for the late Cass Elliot in The Mamas and the Papas. I can only hazard a guess as to why Elaine was known as 'Spanky'.

AnnWilson.jpg

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
Man - Revelation - Blind man (Micky Jones, Deke Leonard, Clive John, Ray Williams, Jeff Jones )

Leaves - Too Many People

Tek_54

Spanish Rocker Girl
Reaction score
I know The Kinks They sound in Reality Bites, Iron Buterfly, The Troggs, Dave Clark...
But In Spain is very difficult find their music, it's almost imposible, I'm going to look for the other bands, those three like me,i gess the other too

Chevelle

Protected Witness
Reaction score
Moby Grape was part of the San Francisco music scene.
Dino, Desi and Billy and Garry Lewis and the Playboys were bands with famous fathers.

I agree that Love with Arthur Lee was a great (and versatile) band. They could go from a hard sound like 7 and 7 Is to songs like Alone Again Or and Orange Skies.

Linda Ronstadt is a well known name but Stone Poneys seldom gets mentioned.

Paul Revere and the Raiders just popped into my head.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepaul

Members online

No members online now.