Forgotten Bands of the Sixties

Vocalion

Reaction score
Not as obscure as some but my vote, at least on this side of the Pond, would be the Small Faces. That's where I think Marriott was at his best, and the band was a very cool mix of Mod-rock and soul. They weren't big here in the States at the time, apparently, through management decisions from what I've read, and that's a shame.

Bob loves oldies

Reaction score
Hi all... been looking for an outlet for my passion, rock oldies. In response to forgotten bands you all made some good posts... anyone remember the Rutles, Quicksilver (Messenger Service), Spanky and our gang, Ram Jam, Redbone (not Leon), The Michigan Rocks 'Seeds and Stems' album, I could go on forever.

BTW... Vocalion, I loved the Small Faces and Steve with Humble Pie and Peter Frampton... oh yes! As for Pick Attack Troggs Love is all around and Wild Thing, Standells Dirty Water... and Music Wench (where in MI? Do you know/remember Center Stage, Suds Factory, Second Chance?) We all in here could chat for hours... .. anyone?

Last edited:

shewins

Reaction score
a group i loved but seem all to soon forgotten are the youngbloods. i found it really sad when cds hit that i had to get theirs from germany as no american company was issuing them at the time. the last time i saw them live was in the earlish 70's in some biker bar in the bronx..man that was totally the wrong music for that bar! they were doing "get together" and the crowd was looking to get drunk and kill each other.

and the blues project was one of my neighborhood favorites. they used to practice in the basment of the albert hotel (now condos) across the street from me. they were fantastic.

and a more obscure group....kangaroo.they played at the cafe wha? a lot when i was kid.
I was just going to say the Youngbloods. They were a great group, but they only had that one top 40 hit, Get Together, in the US. I love Darkness Darkness.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online