Register to remove these ads

Forgotten Bands of the Sixties

Discussion in '60's Music' started by Music Wench, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Jake T

Jake T Earth-bound Misfit

Great forgotten classic. :grinthumb

2. Flower Child

Flower Child Love will overcome all.

The band that comes to mind for me and mostly because it is my favorite band is The Beau Brummels. I think they get lost in the shuffle as being too much like the Beatles while in fact I don't see it. The song writing skills of Ron Elliott was unique and Sal Valentino's vocals were amazing. They had very catchy songs like "Just A little" & "Don't Talk To Strangers" as well as more poignant tunes like "Sad Little Girl" that were all fantastic.

3. OldHippie

OldHippie Resident Yooper

Frumius Bandersnatch, virtually unlistenable psychedelic music but they spawned two great bands.Four members of Frumious Bandersnatch (Bobby Winkelman, Jack King, Ross Valory, and David Denny) became regular members of the Steve Miller Band. Valory, along with fellow Frumious Bandersnatch member George Tickner and manager Herbie Herbert joined former Santana members Neal Schon and Gregg Rolie to form the band Journey in 1973

4. CP/M User

CP/M User Ace in the Hole

Indeed! :D

I think what I failed to mention earlier was the album produced in the UK was simply called "The Masters Apprentices" and in Australia it's called "Choice Cuts" because of there being an earlier album called "The Masters Apprentices". :D

5. Frands

Frands Senior Member

I must say that 'Them' is a very underrated band IMO. They made some really good songs with great lyrics, as well. Their sound is a bit special but really worth listening to! Personally I like those songs very much:

1. One More Time (Take 14)
    2. How Long Baby (Take 1)
    3. Call My Name (Single Version)
    4. My Lonely Sad Eyes
    5. The Story of Them

There is a special story about the song 'The Story of Them' but I can't recall it, sadly.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017