Forgotten albums or songs that you really enjoyed at the time!

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I searched the forums but couldn't find a similar thread. Thought it would be cool to remember albums or songs that you really enjoyed listening to once upon a time but for some reason, these have slipped thru the cracks of time and forgotten by most people and music historians.

Today I suddenly remembered that this collaboration happened in the early 90s:

Coverdale-Page-Coverdale-Page.jpg

I had to listen again to Shake My Tree and Pride And Joy to remind myself how much I enjoyed this! :guitar:

How about you guys? Remembered any forgotten albums lately?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
This happens to everyone who collects music over decades and your library becomes massive. You just don't have time to listen to everything so some gems slip into the cracks and you almost forget about them.

Here's one, I bought this when I was 16 years old I think, a band out of Vancouver who had a cult following in B.C. before making it big in Canada, "Two For The Show", by Trooper. It's easy to find a copy of their greatest hits on CD, but this one you have to look for a used vinyl copy I don't think it was ever transferred to digital at least I've never seen a CD.

5121vL1ePeL._SS500_.jpg

I used to love cranking up "The Boys In The Bright White Sports Car ".

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
'Hold On' by Japanese female rocker Mari Hamada

Back in 1993 or so, this song was a big hit on MTV Asia. I remember my 15 year old teenage self loving the heck out of this tune! :gig

Philmore

Reaction score
The Godz first album from 1978.
41o7yNUJ8JL._SS400_.jpg

I had forgotten about this album until I found it on cd last year. Even though this picture shows RCA, I remember this being on the Millennium label which was a subsidiary of Casablanca.

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
2XS by Nazareth. This underrated album includes a whole placer of great songs: "Love Leads to Madness", "You Love Another", "Games", "Dream On", "Take the Rap", "Mexico"...

Nazareth+-+2XS.jpg

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
This was the first live band I ever saw, and I bought their second album 'Getting to This' in 1970. Great album but dreadful cover art.

vo3iwy.jpg

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
Maybe some really early Dylan bootleg tapes that I've misplaced.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Is It Like Today? - World Party

This video used to be on constant rotation on MTV back in 1993. I still love this song but for some reason I never bothered to explore any album with this band. AllMusic tells me that Goodbye Jumbo is their best album. Anyway, they kind of disappeared off the face of this planet from like the year 2000. They were pretty much under the radar even in the 90s I think.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online