Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
1711224812108.jpeg

Frankie Miller Band ~ The Rock (1975)

Personnel:

This album is blues rock / country rock / southern rock peppered with a lot of Soul.
The first time I heard this album, I was like “wow”. How did this person never get played on the radio! Frankie Miller has a great blues voice & McCullough on guitar is as good as any popular blues player….and the amazing boogie piano.

You might recognize his most covered song “Ain’t Got No Money” from this album, made popular by Bob Seger….

The band had a semi successful US tour then a disastrous UK tour..and the band dissolved.

Full Album

Anyone else know this album or Frankie Miller?

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Spot on Magic, I preferred Frankie before his Full House Band, he hit big with the chart topping 'Darlin'.
Made appearances with Rory Gallagher and became a household name playing a Glasgow gangster in this:

Just_a_Boys'_Game.jpg
His band featured musicians of some provenance, in particular Mick Weaver who made the Hammond B3 literally talk!
World in Action - Mick Weaver.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ooo….love me some talkin Hammond! You just don’t hear musicians or organ music like that anymore. I’m off to find more Mick Weaver!
:grinthumb

Before I go….A beautiful duet between Frankie Miller & Elton John…..this was mastered & released (2016) after Frankie suffered a brain aneurysm that left him unable to speak. This duet is mastered from a demo tape, adding vocals from Elton John.

Where Do The Guilty Go?

There is a whole album of these mastered duets…well worth the listen

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Spot on Magic, I preferred Frankie before his Full House Band, he hit big with the chart topping 'Darlin'.
Made appearances with Rory Gallagher and became a household name playing a Glasgow gangster in this:

View attachment 222568
His band featured musicians of some provenance, in particular Mick Weaver who made the Hammond B3 literally talk!
World in Action - Mick Weaver.
Wow! What great organ playing. Thanks @Nai Noswad. Full title "Jam for World In Action" by Shawn Phillips and Rick Weaver. Worth following up on the brilliant musician.
Enjoyed the work of Frankie Miller up until his hit 'Darlin '' which spoilt it for me. Enjoyed his blues/soul blend of vocals. Thanks for the reminder @Magic

Last edited: