Fleetwood Mac (Official Thread)

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
I absolutely love both eras of Fleetwood Mac. Peter Green and the boys turned up at a hall about half a mile from where I live in (I think) 67/68. I was on holiday with my parents :mad. In 2004 I booked tickets for Birmingham but I had to come out half way through the gig due to the severe pain I was going through with an abscess in my gums. My wife was not happy :pullhair:

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
I absolutely love both eras of Fleetwood Mac. Peter Green and the boys turned up at a hall about half a mile from where I live in (I think) 67/68. I was on holiday with my parents :mad. In 2004 I booked tickets for Birmingham but I had to come out half way through the gig due to the severe pain I was going through with an abscess in my gums. My wife was not happy :pullhair:

@Johnny-Too-Good sorry to hear you where in pain and your wife wasn't happy :pullhair:...:grinthumb

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score

that is pretty cool, i would do anything to see the original peter green line-up.

the new fleetwood mac was in cleveland recently but i didnt see them.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I often think about Danny Kirwan, a great musician who followed in the footsteps of British legends a bit like Mick Taylor and Paul Kossoff. Two more top players perhaps overshadowed a bit by their peers, I don't know.

Dragonfly

:bow:

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
overshadowed but top MAC!

I often think about Danny Kirwan, a great musician who followed in the footsteps of British legends a bit like Mick Taylor and Paul Kossoff. Two more top players perhaps overshadowed a bit by their peers, I don't know.

Dragonfly

:bow:

hmmm imho I think you`ve nailed it @Sox :bow::grinthumb

White Winged Dove

Reaction score
People really can't compare the original Fleetwood Mac lineup and the then the one that included Stevie Nicks & Lindsey Buckingham. The two bands were two different styles and were both fantastic in there own right. I really think Mick Fleetwood saw the writing on the wall that the original sound was nearing an end and they needed something new to keep going so he made the decision to keep his band going. That decision in my opinion was a genius one adding Great Singer Songwriter Guitarist Lindsey Buckingham and also the Lovely Singer Stevie Nicks. This was pure magic for the group that has kept going for several decades. I absolutely love and admire Stevie Nicks and her work and also this band.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
People really can't compare the original Fleetwood Mac lineup and the then the one that included Stevie Nicks & Lindsey Buckingham. The two bands were two different styles and were both fantastic in there own right. I really think Mick Fleetwood saw the writing on the wall that the original sound was nearing an end and they needed something new to keep going so he made the decision to keep his band going. That decision in my opinion was a genius one adding Great Singer Songwriter Guitarist Lindsey Buckingham and also the Lovely Singer Stevie Nicks. This was pure magic for the group that has kept going for several decades. I absolutely love and admire Stevie Nicks and her work and also this band.

well said @White Winged Dove, the Peter Green line up was a fabulous start point for Fleetwood Mac, must say the awesome talented Mr. P. Green which I`m a fan of his solo works as well. I feel each different line up`s add there own style to Fleetwood Mac...I personnel love Stevie`s vocals the album Tusk really show her in full flight imho...

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Seems to me there are three eras of this band. The peter Green blues era, the interim era with Kirwan, Spencer & Welch, then the Buckingham-Nicks era.

All great music no matter what.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.