Fleetwood Mac (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
What is your honest opinion on this cover! I obviously love it but I'm not a purist in any way. :heheh: Are the effects to much? Is it too much of a change? Does it do any justice as a cover?

Lykke Li-Silver Springs

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
My honest opinion is that I actually don't mind the girl's voice too much Sooty, but it sounds like it was recorded in a vast public toilet with a Duane Eddy guitar twanging away and bouncing off the walls. I also tried it with my headphones on, which often improves matters as built-in laptop speakers for some reason are still marred in the technology of 1950's transistor radios, and when the drums come in it's about the most sonically deafening thing I can ever imagine.

So that would be a "no, sorry, but I hate it" :uh:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
My honest opinion is that I actually don't mind the girl's voice too much Sooty, but it sounds like it was recorded in a vast public toilet with a Duane Eddy guitar twanging away and bouncing off the walls. I also tried it with my headphones on, which often improves matters as built-in laptop speakers for some reason are still marred in the technology of 1950's transistor radios, and when the drums come in it's about the most sonically deafening thing I can ever imagine.

So that would be a "no, sorry, but I hate it" :uh:

I like honest opinions so thanks for checking it out! :grinthumb I love the description and it's the echoey nature and drum assault that made me like it. :heheh: Just shows one mans treasure is another's garbage and vice versa. :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Yes, it will be the lineup we'd all want....Fleetwood, McVie, Buckingham and Nicks. No new songs or album to promote, so as in 2009 it will presumably be a kind of Greatest Hits tour. McVie didn't take part in the 2009 tour, so it will be the first time that foursome have toured together for 10 years.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Christine McVie Says She Might ‘Pop Back on Stage’ With Fleetwood Mac In London

SOURCE LINK

fleetwood-Michael-Ochs-Archives.jpg

Fleetwood Mac fans: Don’t stop…thinking about Christine McVie’s return. The suddenly reclusive singer, after consistently rebuffing such suggestions before, is now hinting that she might join her old group during its three-night stand at London’s 02 Arena this September, which would be her first such appearance since retiring from music in 1998.

“If they wanted me to, I might pop back on stage when they’re in London,” McVie tells Metro, “Just to do a little duet or something like that.”

A long-hoped-for reunion with McVie would cap a busy period for Fleetwood Mac, which has been at work recording its first new material since 2003, prepping for this major tour, and overseeing a deluxe reissue of their career-defining smash ‘Rumours.’

McVie, of course, sang on that album’***** songs ‘You Make Loving Fun’ and ‘Don’t Stop,’ as well as other familiar Mac tracks like ‘Over My Head,’ ‘Think About Me,’ ‘Hold Me’ and ‘Little Lies’ over a tenure that began at the turn of the 1970s.

She retired rather than participate in 2003′s ‘Say You Will,’ however, and has rarely been seen since. In fact, McVie’s attended just one concert by her former band since departing — and, even then, she declined to come on stage.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Christine McVie Open to Fleetwood Mac Concert Reunion

:pullhair:

Source Link

Christine McVie retired from Fleetwood Mac 15 years ago, and while she’s occasionally attended the group’s concerts, she’s repeatedly refused her former bandmates’ requests to join them for a performance. But maybe her resolve is finally weakening.

McVie has been mostly off the radar since her retirement, and Stevie Nicks once said the chances of her touring again with Fleetwood Mac were akin to “an asteroid hitting the earth,” adding, “She is done. You know when you look in somebody’s face and you can just tell? She doesn’t want to do it any more.”

That hasn’t stopped the group from inviting her onstage for a one-off when she pops up at their shows, but she’s always turned them down. Now, though, it seems she might have had a change of heart.

BBC Radio 2 host Johnnie Walker, who says he talked to McVie last week, reports, “I did put the question, ‘Christine, is there any likelihood you might join Fleetwood Mac on the U.K. shows?’ She said, ‘If they ask me, I’d play.’”

This echoes something she said earlier this year. And since she’s expected among the guests at next week’s U.K. premiere of Nicks’ documentary ‘In Your Dreams,’ there will be plenty of opportunities to make the request before she changes her mind.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Members online